We stayed at the SIRH for 5 nights during the first week of September. We are so happy we decided on this hotel! The hotel is beautiful, and our room was very nice, spacious, and clean. We had a deluxe balcony room that overlooked a garden space and the jungle beyond. Very peaceful! Our room was close to the main lobby, but we never had noise problems. Everyone at the hotel was great and so nice! We were impressed at how quickly they responded to any requests or questions we had. They were so helpful with everything, and Onil helped us prepare for our excursions. All the facilities at the hotel were very nice, and the pool was a refreshing way to relax after a full day (they also have a varied drink menu to assist with unwinding). The iguana project is also a lot of fun!
The restaurant (for which I will do a separate review) was really good! We had a number of breakfasts and dinners there (and one lunch). The food was always delicious. The restaurant opens at 7am, and if you have an early tour, you can place an order the night before, and they will have it ready early for you. Very convenient!
The hotel's location is excellent! Very easy walk to/from town (and not a long walk to Cahal Pech). We were able to go to town for breakfast and dinner without any problems, and our tours were able to pick us up directly from our hotel. Since we had so many things planned while we were there, we really appreciated the ease in getting around -- and were glad we had not stayed at one of the more remote jungle lodges (we drove by some on our way to Caracol, and it was around an hour from San Ignacio to some of them -- that would have made getting to many of our tours much more difficult).
I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize