“Excellent Hotel”

San Ignacio Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Reviewed April 29, 2013

San Ignacio Hotel exceeded our expectations. Great location five minutes walk from the center of town. Extremely friendly and helpful staff -- at the front desk, in the bar and restaurants, housekeepers, etc. The concierge (Oneil) was particularly helpful to us. The pool is beautiful and the environment very relaxed for kids. Restaurant excellent as well. The "iguana project" they have is also a fun addition.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is amazing, the bedding a dream come true...the staff, so incredibly nice. I highly recommend the Iguana tour, Breakfast with the Birds and the Medicinal plants tour...the guides are amazing people who are truly passionate about the material they are presenting. All of the staff is incredibly kind and helpful. The pool was gorgeous, the food spectacular.

Room Tip: Every room I observed was extremely nice...
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the San Ignacio Resort in February, 2013. It was a delightful stay. The location is so convenient - within San Ignacio but you would have no idea you are in town as the grounds are so tropical and private. The staff are very friendly and really went out of their way to make us comfortable. Mary and Lacey were exceptionally helpful and Mary's personality is so bubbly and professional. Aaron, the bartender, took really good care of us and we loved our "Welcome Cocktail!" Reuben and Amaris were also wonderful to us. I can't say enough about how accomodating all of the staff were - always with cheerful greetings and asking what they could do to make our stay enjoyable.

The food was fantastic - I love Belizean food so I was in heaven. The Bar Menu was especially good, as were the breakfast foods, coffee and fruit.

The rooms (we stayed in three different rooms as our itinerary has us leaving and coming back) and all three rooms were exceptionally comfortable. My husband and I would comment each morning on how comfortable the beds were - I even inquired about what they use as a mattress because I wanted one for home! The rooms were nice and quiet.

Loved the bathrooms - very large showers and plenty of space to move around. The soaps were locally made and had a wonderful tropical scent. Also, flowers and tropical leaves were used to decorate their bathroom. I felt like I was royalty! Also, very comfortable bathrobes were there for us to use. And, I loved having a safe in the room so we could leave our passport, etc. while we were off on excursions.

The staff booked an excursion for us with Cayo Adventure Tours - to the ATM Cave. Oh my goodness, this was the most amazing trip! Our guide for the day, Martin, was so informative and taught us so much about the Mayans, the local flora and fauna and about the cave itself. He took such wonderful care of us and I think we had the best tour guide with Martin!

We also wanted to visit the Orange Gallery Gift Shop for some gifts and the front desk staff were happy to arrange a driver to take us there and to take us to several other shops. Whatever they arranged for us always went smoothly and with excellent service.

The hotel is beautiful. It is comfortable, classy, but very friendly. But for us, the best part was the service - the staff all act like they love their jobs and can't wait to do whatever they can to make you comfortable. We loved our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in three different rooms and they all were great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The San Ignacio Resort Hotel is a class of hotel un-matched in Belize. Service, Food, Staff, Rooms, Amenities and the general Atmosphere of the hotel is relaxing and warm. Check -in was professional, restaurant staff attentive and attention to detail is refreshing. Loved the Hotel and will be back again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out. the staff were welcoming and super friendly. We had a wonderful room with a garden balcony. Our king sized bed was very comfortable, and the bedding was of high quality. We had a number of meals at the hotel, all were good with the exception of the fried chicken which was overcooked. That however was an isolated incident. A number of tours were offered right from the hotel. While we did not utilize the tennis court, it was well maintained.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony have an appealing view, while the other rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am originally from Belize. I have been back and forth regularly since 2001. I was given an oppotunity to go to another resort, but my answer was I know how San Ignacio Resort Hotel
is and I don't have to go anywhere else. The workers were so friendly yet very professional.
What I like the most is every-where you turn there is a smile on the faces of the employees. A smile might not be the same to everyone but it means a lot to me.
In spite of maybe the employees hardship there is always a smile and I like that. A smile goes along
way for me even if the person does not smile back. A smile tells me "I appreciate you and you
are very important to me". Even the owner smiles. thank you San Ignascio. I have not tried the Spa or Fitness center, but maybe next time I will.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I recently got married at the San Ignacio resort Hotel and had the most incredible experience. The flowers, the food, the staff, the management and the accommodations were more than we expected. The guests who came from all over the world for our wedding were blown away and so were we, in fact, they are still talking about the lamb kebabs. Mrs. Paulita and her team really made our dream wedding a reality!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite has a great view
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ignacio
#2 of 3 in Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve
Mystic River Resort
Mystic River Resort
#1 of 1 in Negroman

Been to San Ignacio Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!