Jungle setting with hiking trails, lush vegetation, and lots of birds a mile from the heart of San Ignacio. Cab rides are $5 US each way from "downtown". Food is expensive but wonderful. Staff is friendly and will Gchat with you before your trip. Cabins were renovated but the rooms are shabby. Overall, a great place to spend some time if you're on a budget and want to get out of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maya Mountain Lodge is a small family run eco-jungle lodge located 3/4 Mls. On the Cristo Rey Road, only five minutes from downtown San Ignacio, Belize. Offering 15 air conditioned units varying from family cottages equipped with kitchenettes to our standard rooms. We also have economy rooms for the budget conscious. Weekly and monthly rates are available for up to 70% discount. We are famous for our dining service which features cultural meals of the different ethnic groups in Belize. Dining reservations are recommended. We also offer cooking courses when booked in advance. We have a tour desk which provides safe, reliable tours of high quality and which are fun as well as educational. There is a pool, nature trails, tropical gardens,conference room, spa, and free WiFi. Our Wellness Center provides spa, educational courses, wellness cooking classes, yoga, and alternative healing referrals. Hiking, birding, and both guided and self tours of organic and tropical gardens available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Maya Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Mountain Hotel San Ignacio
- Maya Mountain Lodge Belize/San Ignacio