A great place to stay and great value. 25 spacious, simple but nicely finished bungalow cabins in a garden setting on a slight hill. Has a pool and bar but not a noisy, resort-type atmosphere-not many people and more designed for a quiet getaway or especially as a base for various activities, for which they usually supply the transport and excellant guides.
Our breakfast and three course dinner was included, and the food wasn't fancy or upscale but was very nicely done with quality ingredients and a wide menu.The staff was small and sometimes dinner took awhile but it gave us time to talk and overall service was very friendly and competent.
My group, did tubing through a cave, Tikal Mayan site, and the ATM cave. The tubing was terrific, Tikal spectacular, but the ATM cave the surpise standout, absolutely unique. if you go there, be prepared to wade several streams, swim into the cave entrance, wade through neck high water and crawl through tiny rock wormholes, all leading to a huge dry cavern where the skeletons of sacrificed Mayans lay in their original places .
A terrific four days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio