I stayed in San Ignacio for four nights and Windy Hills was the perfect place for me and my two friends. The cabins were wonderful and in a beautiful setting. We only spent one day round the pool (recovering from our adventure at ATM cave and a day's horse riding) but it was the perfect place to relax as it is very peaceful, although this may be because August is a slow month for tourists in Belize.
We ate dinner in the hotel a couple of times; once in the restaurant which was delicious but slightly expensive for us as we were on a budget. The second time we took advantage of the cheaper alternative of eating in the bar and shared a huge plate of chicken nachos and some chicken wings. For the other two dinners we took a taxi ($10 BZD) to the town and ate at two restaurants which had been recommended by locals: Erva's and Hannah's. Both were excellent and it allowed us to have a bit of variety as well as saving a bit of money. However, it would not be essential to make such trips into town. There was a good selection for breakfast at Windy Hills as well.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, particularly barman Tony who gave us some great recommendations for our further travels to the Cayes.
4 days was about right for our group due to the nature of the trip; we wanted to explore as much as possible and only had two weeks in Belize. However, I could have easily spent a week there if I was having a lazy, relaxing holiday. You can also organise a number of tours from this point as well. We booked ours before we went but I'm pretty sure Windy Hills are able to organise them for you too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio