Windy Hill Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
  • Breakfast included
$59
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall gymfitness roomhot watervery nice place to staymayan ruinsfront porchbelize cityclose to townour entire staybeautiful groundson sitebook toursguatemalan borderair conditionertikalfanstrips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Windy Hill with others from our church. The staff bent over backwards for our every need. The cabins are SO clean. The food is so good. I would love to stay there again. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: All the cabins are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Windy Hills resort while on a trip to Belize. Before arriving, I was afraid about getting sick from the food, what kind of cabins we would have, etc. Windy Hills put my mind at ease. The food was amazing, and prepared well. I never became ill. The cabins were also very comfortable and clean. The air conditioning unit was always working. They also had security guards walking around at night, just in case. I would highly recommend this resort :).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan K
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This resort was wonderful! The staff is exceptional and always went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The best thing about this resort was the all inclusive option. We didn't have to worry about a thing!! Our group included my parents (60+ years old), my 12 year old son, and myself (39 years old). We selected a package that included, a trip to Tikal, Xunantunich, Horse Back Riding, Nature Reserve, Barton Creek Cave Canoeing, Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing, and Zip Lining. When we expressed interest in time to shop in town and going to the Belize Zoo the staff jumped to action and made all of the arrangements. The staff even made arrangements for us to attend church when my mother mentioned wanting to attend. ALL of our meals were delicious!! The Lemon Pie, Fry Jacks, Belizian Chicken, and the Mayan soups were our favorites!! We had the same guide, Edgar, for almost all of our trips. He was so friendly and knowledgeable!! It was so wonderful to have the resort take care of everything for us. We never had to worry about where our meals were coming from or who was picking us up where and when. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean (we did have cabins with air conditioning). The resort was very quiet and we felt very safe there. The pool was always clean and we enjoyed it after a long day at the ruins. There is no way we could express how fabulous this resort's staff was to us. We have traveled all over the United States, the Caribbean, and Europe and have never encountered staff this wonderful!! We stayed for 8 days in this resort and will absolutely come back again!! The resort was a few miles from the town but we were there for adventure tours so that was fine for us. The day we did want to go into town to check it out the staff set up a taxi for us and it was just a short, cheap ride away. The only negatives we could think of is that we would of liked WiFi in our cabins and if you have someone in your party that has problems walking the resort's terrain is all up hill from the office to your cabin (it was fine for us but wanted to mention it for others). We highly suggest this resort!!

Room Tip: We were in cabins 24 and 23 and it was just about equal distance to the restaurant and the pool. If you want to be right next to the pool you will want a lower number cabin (like 11).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at 3 different places while on our tour of Belize. Windy Hill by far was the best place. Beautiful, peaceful, the employees were friendly & welcomeing, the rooms were clean, the food was good.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was referred to this property and arrived knowing nothing about the place and could not have been happier during my stay. The staff went out of their way to make sure my friend and I had a wonderful time. The location was ideal for visiting Caracol and other Mayan ruins in the area. After returning from a day of seeing the sights the air conditioner cooled our cottage quickly despite the heat and humidity outside. Between the cool air and the comfortable beds I had one of the best nights of sleep I have had in weeks! (I suffer from insomnia). When it came time for me to leave, I was given a wonderful send off by the staff and John. In short I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends