My sister and I took a small vacation to Belize. We each had cabins at Windy Hill. We both loved our little cabins at Windy Hill. The native wood they were made from and local wood carvings inside made Windy Hill a charming place to stay. The AC cooled my cabin down quickly after coming back from a day of tours. Some people complain about no hot water in the bathroom, but I liked having a little "roughing it". Cold water in May isn't exactly cold anyway. The shower was plenty warm.
We had both Edgar and Edgar Jr as our Windy Hill tour guides. They made us feel at home and were very informative about the area and Mayan history. I thought I had left my sunglasses back at one of the caves and Edgar drove all the way back to look for them and he even went back into the cave looking for them. They both are willing to go with the flow and change the tour as required to achieve maximum enjoyment from the tourists. They're very flexible.
The resort has great food at the restaurant, but sometimes there's no one tending bar at the bar. One time my sister just went behind the bar and mixed her own drink and paid for it later LOL. Whatever and whenever we needed anything the staff was helpful. My only regret is that we only stayed there 3 nights. There is so much to see in the Belize highlands you need a week minimum to just scratch the surface.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio