My husband and I stayed at Windy Hill from May 5-11 2012. It was our first time in Belize. We both agreed that we could not have had a better introduction to this beautiful country. Windy Hill was perfect for us--very quiet, the staff were absolutely fabulous, the afternoon breeze was glorious! Our room sits (rm 18 as I recall) up on the hill overlooking the pool, which we used quite a lot. It was very clean, spacious, beautifully decorated (even better than the pictures!).
I want to pay an extra bit of gratitude to Elmer, Richard, Amed, and Rodwell. I'm sure all the staff are terrific we just had more interaction with these special hosts. Elmer, front desk staff, gave us great tips on places near by to go for dinner, site seeing (we rode the local bus with him to his home town of Succotz). He went home, and we visited the lovely XUNANTINICH Mayan Temple after crossing the Mopan River--spectacular, although not as large a complex as many of the others in the area.
I also want to mention Edgar, our guide for a day at Caracol. He picked us up at the resort, escorted us to the temple, shared his extensive knowledge, let us go at our own pace, took us to a wonderful swimming place on the river on our way home, and shared a very spicy pepper with me! He was just terrific.
The only complaint, and it's very minor, is that we would have liked to have had wine with dinner, but none was available. We did buy some at a market in San Ignacio, so we were able to sip a few glasses in the evenings on our porch.
My husband and I just can't get in enough compliments for this very special spot in the Belize!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio