My wife, nephew and his best friend stayed for 4 nights at Chaa Creek. I had stayed there 22 years ago, and there have been some improvements (spa, pool) but I am happy to say the flavor of the hotel has remained the same. It's a great place to bird watch, glide down a lazy river that's a 5 minute walk from our room, see a small but excellent museum, and observe morpho butterflys at their own hatchery on the grounds.
The staff are friendly, helpful, polite, and eager to help. The food is excellent, and used local produce to enhance flavor. Waking up in the morning to the sounds of the jungle is invigorating. They also have horse riding, and various free activities. Our guide Miguel took us to several adventures: Rio Frio cave, zip line, Rio On waterfalls and ponds, tubing inside a river that goes into an amazing cave, and Mayan ruins. His knowledge of flora and fauna was excellent.
Chaa creek is an excellent place to base your stay in Belize. it's about 1 1/2 hours away from the airport. Many of the attractions in Belize are spread out and take a while to get to. Chaa Creek is a wonderful place to return to after exploring this amazing country. I hope to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio