We recently spent four nights at Chaa Creek, and we were not disappointed. We wanted to explore the jungle, check out the wildlife, but be pampered at the same time. If this is what you're looking for, Chaa Creek will not disappoint.
The resort itself has many things to offer, from birdwatching trips at the crack of dawn (which were fascinating, even if you're not a bird-lover) to horsebackriding tours through the property, and up to a mountaintop upon which stands an old mayan ruin. Our guides were amazing -- they knew their stuff cold. Our riding guide was a graduate student in archeology and gave us a fascinating overview of the mayan settlements on the property (he was very funny, too).
The food was top notch -- and we are vegetarian foodies who can be kind of particular. We met other guests there who owned an upscale fusion restaurant in the States, and they were also very impressed with the food.
The cottages and the pool, the bar and the restaurant were gorgeous -- the website photos do not do it justice. The grounds are pristine, but don't forget the deep woods OFF.
We took a day trip to Tikal in Guatemala, and we were so glad we did. It was a two-hour drive, true, but absolutely worth it. Be warned about the "ATM" trip (in a cave system, more mayan history) -- we heard that it was not for the faint of heart.
We would recommend Chaa Creek to our friends and we hope to return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio