We spent 3 night in a jungle cabana at the Chaa Creek Macal River Camp and we loved it. We are the type of people who love to tent camp and love being close to nature, and here you can't get much closer. We thought the howler monkeys were right outside our door at night they were so loud, it was amazing. The sounds of the jungle put us to sleep at night and it was fun wondering just what kind of creature was making each noise. There were lots of bugs in our cabana but this is to be expected when in the middle of the jungle. You have to walk outside to community bathroom and showers and these were kept clean, and the showers had hot water.
We thought the price was great for what we got since it included full breakfast and great dinners. We enjoyed walking over to the main resort area which is down a jungle trail to get a drink at the bar and use Internet service. We would buy a bottle of wine and bring it back and sit on our deck and enjoy the view. Dosio and his family are caretakers and cook the meals, they are attentive and genuinely nice people. If you are thinking of staying at the Macal River Camp please do your research, we loved it, but it is not for everyone. Chaa Creek has many other higher quality and higher priced accommodations, so I think there is something for each type of traveler here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio