The Lodge at Chaa Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
Rumors Resort(San Ignacio)
View Hotel
Windy Hill Resort(San Ignacio)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Clarissa Falls Resort(San Jose Succotz)
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)
1,320 results
All reviewshowler monkeysspa villabutterfly farmhorseback ridingmedicine trailthe riverorchard villatreetop suitenature centergarden jacuzziearly morning bird watchingon siteno electricitymain resortmayan ruinsnight walknatural history
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

That is what is written on your complimentary thermos when you arrive. What a beautiful jungle lodge. We arranged our trip to Belize with our stay in Chaa Creek through Vaya Adventures. Great people to work with and I highly recommend them. The lodge consists of 23 "cabins"/duplexes. Our particular unit included two queen size beds with lots of space and even an outdoor shower to compliment the indoor bathroom. Meals were great and plentiful. The wait staff were amazing. They make a point of learning your names and are fun people.

There is a variety of things to do. Onsite activities include bird watching with a naturalist, visit to a butterfly garden, a night creature hike (which was very interesting), canoeing, and use of a beautiful infinity pool. The guides are phenomenal and very passionate about their work and are eager to share their knowledge.

Or you can simply relax in your hammock and listen to the sounds of the jungle and enjoy the fragrant flowers that are abundant.

The grounds are meticulous and very inviting to hike around at your leisure.

We took two offsite tours. One was to ATM cave and the other was to Tikal in Guatemala to see Maya ruins. Thing to remember, is you are in a remote area and both the trip to the cave and the Maya ruins were 2 hour drives each way, so these are full day tours. Both are very much worth the drive and are reviewed later.

Weather was hot and humid, as you would expect in the jungle. There is no AC; however, we were quite comfortable with a large ceiling fan and floor fan.

A fairly new airstrip is located about a mile from the lodge and is accessible from Belize City. Flying to Chaa Creek to/from Belize City rather than taking the lodge's bus can save you a long 1.5 - 2 hour drive.

I'd go back to Chaa Creek in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have the outside shower, so be sure to request one if that is something you'd like.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank heron48
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If I could give Chaa Creek 10 starts I would. They absolutely have the best customer service of any lodge I have ever stayed in. Everyone was always cheerful, helpful, and did everything they could to make your request happen. Every night we could hardly wait for the dinner specials to be announced by the waiter. The food was delicous. The guides that they employ are the best. Miguel picked us up at the airport and did a fabulous job of introducing us to his country. Ricky who took us back to the airport was an expert on local wildlife and birds. We so appreciated his personal tour of the Belize Zoo. We miss hearing the houling monkeys at breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Chaa Creek is a very nice jungle lodge. The only things I wished for were air conditioning, and a gym. Internet reception is spotty too, but, hey it's a jungle lodge. The staff is wonderful, and the grounds are lush and junglely.....birds, monkeys, and lizards. It also has a terrific salt water pool.

They have a bunch of on site activities which were a good way to spend a "down" day. The lodge itself is located about 90-120 minutes away from ATM, and Tikal, so plan on spending some time in a van if these are activities you are doing.

Meals were included in our package. I thought they were all very good, but I'm no foodie.

So, to summarize:

Lodge: B+ for lack of air conditioning (makes sleeping a little tough) and a gym

Staff: A+++++

Food: A

Location relative to attractions: B

I would highly recommend Chaa Creek, but not if you must have air conditioning and a gym.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oahusquid x
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The lodge is absolutely beautiful. So many little touches in the rooms, absolutely beautiful grounds for bird watching. I am spoilt for life, no other room I have ever stayed in compares to this. Beautiful infinity pool, free filtered water, free canoes, hammocks in rooms, wonderful food. You need a couple of days just to enjoy the ambience and do everything they have to offer on the premesis. We canoed down 45 min to duploys lodge for botanical gardens and lunch, which was significantly cheaper. If you plan on doing excursions to ATM cave or ruins, book it ahead of time before you get here with an outside vendor. All tours are way over priced( triple outside rates) . This property is quite secluded from everything else, so limited choices for food etc, but the food is delicious. Expect to spend about $15 per lunch entree per person and at least $50 for dinner. The food again is very good and you can order a la carte but be prepared to pay USA prices in belize.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23, the last room and you can see toucans from your balcony here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dee P
Reviewed February 20, 2013

15 years ago, When I first met my husband, in Belize while on holiday, we stayed a Chaa Creek, and it was most magical place I had been on earth, (of course meeting him was part of it). We now live in Belize and run our own island resort, and as time has gotten away from us, as a special treat, my husband sent me back to Chaa Creek to have some down time. This was the first time for me traveling solo on a Package trip and I was not quite sure about it, but once I arrived, I felt welcomed by all the wonderful staff, and once again, had a magical experience.

My room was the perfect jungle cottage, quiet, comfortable, tastefully decorated, and had all the amenities that one could want. The bed was one that I didn't want to get out of, with soft quality linens, and a wonderful mattress and pillows. It was wonderful to lay in bed as the sun was coming up and listen to all the birds and jungle noises coming to life.

The food was mouth watering, every single thing was delicious and cooked to perfection! I loved that so much of the food was organic and grown right on the property. The wait staff and bar staff, all knew my name and were so friendly and welcoming. I felt I had joined their family.

The birdwatching is amazing, in just an hours time as the fog was clearing the treetops and the sun was rising, we (Allen, my guide and two other guests) spotted over 30 species of birds, including Toucans, a Pigmy owl and parrots, plus we saw a grey fox and an Agouti!

Horseback riding with my guide Robert, was wonderful too. He took me all over Chaa Creek property, through fields, by Maya Ruins, mountain tops and even got a view of Xunantunich and Guatemala in the distance. The horses were very well cared for mild mannered yet, still had spunk and personality.

I also did a night tour, the Medicine Trail walk and also the Vaca Lake Pontoon tour which included hiking through the jungle, up waterfalls and swimming in water holes, plus a crocodile and a Boa sighting! (run by Robert's brother, Lazaro).

All the tours were so wonderful, the staff were all so knowledgeable, responsible and what striked me most of all about all the staff at Chaa Creek, was that they all truely seemed to love their job, have a great respect for nature and for who they work for.

I spent several hours at the spa with my favorite being "The Coma" massage! Nancy and Vildelma took very good care of me there.

The ladies at the concierge, who arranged all tours, spa treatments, transportation, etc, were very helpful, friendly and personable and went out of their way to see that I had a great time.

I could go on and on about what a wonderful place this is, but truthfully...you just have to go see for yourself. There are so many wonderful places to see and things to do in Belize, but Chaa Creek, is by far one of my favorite places on earth.

Room Tip: I was in room 15 and loved the proximity to the pool and spa and the view over tree tops as the early morning fog cleared each morning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo