“Great Adventure”

$180.00*
and up
Tikal Maya Ruins Day Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Edwin's Belize Adventures, where we give you high quality tours with only professional and well respected tour guides. My self Edwin Gonzalez guide most of my tours and will do my best so that your vacation becomes an unforgettable experience. I am looking forward to taking you places, come on my adventures and you will say that the last time you did something for the fist time was when I went on Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours.
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was extremely easy to book with Edwin. We booked with him via email months prior to our trip to Belize and he was very informative, helpful and responsive. Edwin picked us up on our lodge at no extra cost and was prompt. We spent the morning at Xunantunich and the afternoon cave canoeing at Barton Creek. He was friendly, honest and knowledgeable about the sites we were visiting and told stories along the way that we found interesting. He brought us a delicious lunch and bought us a soft drink at Mike's Place (at Barton Creek). Inside the cave, he pointed out several different rock formations and was encouraging us to ask questions. He is hardworking and personable--you will not be disappointed!! Thanks Edwin!!

Visited April 2013

1 Thank JAS1411
Eds_28, Owner at Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for a great review. It is always a pleasure to go out in d field and do my best, but when I know that there are people that are completely satisfied with me it makes my long days worth while. I really appreciate you remembering me after your tour and will happily take you on any adventure again. Your review is highly appreciated and beneficial for other guest that are interested in my services.

Thank you.

Edwin.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Much better with a owner/operator”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Edwin was a great guy, and very professional. There was a math mistake, or miss communication to do with cost at a zip line...but, we were sure it was just that a mistake.

He showed us lots of plants and things, I didn't see others in larger groups getting told about.

I was there with my mom, and he took special care to watch her.

His mom's food was great. One day she was sick, and we couldn't have it...the other food was okay. Was happy she was feeling better.

Visited April 2013

1 Thank matt78walker
Jackson, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice time”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Edwin took care of a couple of things for us: First, he arranged our ATM tour and drove us to the cave where we met our guide, Danny. Edwin also drove us down to Placencia the next day. I would recommend Edwin highly for transfers. He is a nice guy and does a nice job. The ATM cave tour was amazing, mostly because cave and its history is truly amazing, not because of the guide, Danny. There are a fixed number of guides licensed by the government to tour ATM. Edwin books different guides based on who is available. My recommendation would be to have Edwin book your ATM tour, but ask not to have Danny. He was sometimes abrasive and the stalactite-phallus jokes aren't funny after the first two times. Especially with your 12-year-old daughter in tow. I'm no prude, but I'd rather have a guide who seems genuinely interested in Mayan history and geology than one who knows how to make funny shadows on the wall. Our time spent with Edwin was great.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Eds_28, Owner at Edwin's Belize Adventure Tours, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for remembering me after your tours here in San Ignacio. I highly appreciate it. I will be looking for better options for my ATM cave guide. I understand that his behavior was not appropriate and apologies for sending you with him. I am sorry and I assure that he will no longer be a part of my crew.

Edwin
Washington, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Tours around San Ignacio”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Edwin was very good in answering emails before and during the tours. He is easy to work with, and I had an enjoyable experience with several tours around SI. He contracts out the ATM tour since he is not certified at that level yet, but he worked hard at trying to fit us with a group successfully. In general his groups are smaller and has more of a personal touch. The food that comes with the tour is a little weak tough. I would recommend Edwin for tours that you need a guide.

Champlin, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great guide”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family hired Edwin to pick us up at the airport in Belize city and transport us to San Ignacio, he was on time and the car was air conditioned and in good shape. Edwin arranged are tour to Tikal, which went very well and the guide he arranged for us was very knowledgable and seemed to really care about the Tikal ruins. Edwin was there to pick us up after we crossed the border again from Guatemala and drop us off at our hotel. The next day he picked us up and arranged for us to spend the day with Danny (a guide for the ATM tour). Danny was a great guy a very knowledgable. The tour was great. We didn't see Edwin again for our return trip back to the airport, but he arranged for another driver to take us, which went very well. My family and I would use Edwin again.