“Friendly owner”
Review of Prissy's Place - CLOSED

Prissy's Place
Cuisines: Central American
Description: Prissy's Place, home of good Belizean Food, Safe environment and Friendly staff. Located downtown San Ignacio, on the corner of Far West St. and Bullet Tree Rd.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I didn't actually stay here or even eat here as the restaurant is only open until 3/4 (although there are plans to extend the opening hours in to the evenings - especially at weekends). I'm rating it because the owner was so friendly and helpful, even though I was staying there and every time I walked past the food smelt sooo good.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. Please come by and enjoy more than the aroma. I can tell you from personal experience the food tastes as good as it smells. We hope you will come back, eat and explore our accommodations.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The best part of Prissy's was simply that it was open on Good Friday, when every other establishment was closed for the holiday.
Because of that, the place was full and the service was even more slow than the standard relaxed pace in Belize.
But, when the food came, it was pretty good and moderately priced.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

First and foremost thank you for coming to Prissy's Place, though as you stated we were about the only choice. This is part of our plan to service customers. The response was more than we expected and regret that service was slow. We are, as many others are, struggling in this economy and staffing has been reduced. I gather that most everything else went well and we are glad. Please feel free to offer any suggestions that you might have to improve the experience.
Thank you again and please come back.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The beans with rice and the pork was very good. I just wish that they were not so stingy with the amount of pork that they service. One "big" piece ended up being the bone of a pork chop. I really liked the sauce, but would have enjoyed more of it. The salad was fresh and good.

This is a nice place to eat. The rest of the menu looked very good with creole and Belizean food. I would return, hopefully getting a bigger portion!

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to find out where we come up short in giving you an enjoyable experience. The fact that you received a meat dish that was mostly bone or stringy would be an issue that we would like to have been made aware of at the time of your visit.
We always encourage our cutomers to expect a proper meal, and can adjust to or address any problems. Please come again and you should not experience this issue.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The owner personally served us a special local dish.... and it was fantastic! Warm smiles, great service and seriously delicious food. Don't miss this authentic restaurant off the beaten path in downtown San Ignacio.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

First we wish to thank you for patronage. I am glad that your visit was a good one and hope that you and your friends will return. We are working hard to become a place of first thought.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stopped in to Prissy's for lunch. I had the vegetarian burrito and my husband had the rice and beans with pork. Both were really tasty, and definitely had authentic Belize flavor. The place itself is a little lacking in ambiance (with dueling fans going I felt like we were eating in a wind tunnel, and the TV was blasting in the corner), but I suppose that's all part of the charm.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your input. We have worked very hard to create an authenic flavor. The wind and noise issues will be addressed and we are working on a theme that will encourage a positive customer experience. Once again, thank you for your review and please come back to see how we have done.