“Authentic and flavorful, though lacking in ambiance”
Review of Prissy's Place - CLOSED

Prissy's Place
Cuisines: Central American
Description: Prissy's Place, home of good Belizean Food, Safe environment and Friendly staff. Located downtown San Ignacio, on the corner of Far West St. and Bullet Tree Rd.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stopped in to Prissy's for lunch. I had the vegetarian burrito and my husband had the rice and beans with pork. Both were really tasty, and definitely had authentic Belize flavor. The place itself is a little lacking in ambiance (with dueling fans going I felt like we were eating in a wind tunnel, and the TV was blasting in the corner), but I suppose that's all part of the charm.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your input. We have worked very hard to create an authenic flavor. The wind and noise issues will be addressed and we are working on a theme that will encourage a positive customer experience. Once again, thank you for your review and please come back to see how we have done.

There are newer reviews for Prissy's Place

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Looking for authentic- this felt like it. Friendly people, limited menu but was steered to try a belizean delicacy- the gibnut- very tasty stew! My dining partner had a delicious fried red snapper. Great value.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

First let me apologize for my tardy response. When you visited we were still trying to find our nich. We have expanded and you will find a very different look to Prissy's Place. Like the country of Belize we have uncovered hidden treasure with our additional space. Come and see.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Ate at Prissy's Place with some friends today. I had a chicken burrito, which was fine, although a little salty. Friends had garnaches, which were good, and soup, which he said was fine.

Overall, the food was average for downtown. The service was great. It's in an older building, so there isn't really any ambiance to speak of. Good for a lunch. I was told to try their pigtail next time.

David D, Owner at Prissy's Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

DrFeelAwesome,
First and foremost, thank you for coming to Prissy's. We are one of the 'new kids' on the block, so your thoughts and comments are important to us.
We were glad to hear that our staff gave good service. We are in the process of creating our brand and average is not where we want to be.
While seasoning is a subjective item, too much salt or any one seasoning can spoil what is an otherwise pleasurable experience.
We will discuss your concerns with the kitchen staff and hope your next visit will win your continued business.
Thank you again for eating at Prissy's Place.