“Tikal”

Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Let us at BzmTours start your Belize Adventure" is the motto of our company. We strive to do our best and our friendly service is top-notch. Helping you full-fill your Belize Adventure Dream! Come along for the adventure of a life-time! Our knowledge is your learning!
Durango, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tikal”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Albert and Odelia were extremely friendly and very personable.The tour to Tikal, in Guatemala, was amazing. They arranged a guided tour only for the two of us and couldn't have asked for more enjoyable time. The driver and guides were so nice and knowledgeable. Before and after the ruins there is a wonderful gift shop where the all the money goes to a local school. The lunch included was delicious and authentic, so good! Brilliant experience, thanks a million :)

2 Thank amacarena
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear BZM Friend,

First, I would like to thank you for the 5-star review, it is truly appreciated. Now, as for your trip, we were happy to have had the honor in arranging your tour to Tikal. We will always continue to do our utmost best for everyone. We pride ourselves in our service, our guides will always be the best and we enjoy spending every moment we got to spend with you, either via email or face-to-face. Odilia sends her warmest greetings and says she had a wonderful time getting to know you. We do hope you come again, even if its just to say a warm hello. With a smile, we thank you again for allowing us the honor of touring with us. We wish you both the very best in 2013!! :)

• Hebrew first
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Albert is the best!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I booked both the ATM and Tikal trip through BZM. Albert went out of his way to pick us up at Black Rock Lodge (which is about 30 minutes out of town) early both mornings with no extra charge. On our Tikal day he picked us up at 6:30am on the dot with a thermos of coffee and breakfast snacks packed for us by his wife. Albert never treated us as customers, but as friends who he enjoyed taking around his country. Albert had everything perfectly set up for us to go over into Guatemala to see Tikal, which included coordinating another vehicle, driver and guatemalan guide. Especially for my husband who has never left the U.S., this meant a lot to us. We never had any worry or confusion. He set a great lunch for us up at a cafe just outside of Tikal, had everything ordered and waiting for us when we were done sightseeing (included in the price). He also included all the fees for crossing the border in his price, which the lodge we stayed at didn't do. If you are planning to do any of the tours in San Ignacio, definitely use BZM - Albert is the best!

1 Thank Amy B
Dear BZM Friend,

I should first off thank you for the 5-star review so Thank You! I am happy to have showed you and shared with you information on Belize, more specifically San Ignacio. I sure had a great time in getting to know you both. Arranging both trips (Tikal and ATM) for you and your husband was my pleasure, and I am happy we took the 'hustle and bustle' out so you can more enjoy the trips. I was also happy that we made your husband's first time out of the US a great experience and that we made it easier and more comfortable for him. We do hope you come again even if it's just to stop in and say a hello and catch up on the latest news. We had a great time getting to know you both. The BZM Family sends their warmest greetings and we wish you the very best in 2013! :).

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Central Americas BEST tour with THE best tour operator and guide. Thanks to Albert and Patrick.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on the ATM tour today having arrived off the chicken bus in San Ignacio yesterday. We strolled the Main Street and popped into different tour groups to find the best price/ see if what the Internet was saying about prices was true. Expect to pay $85 to $95 US- it seems a lot but for the experience you get it is beyond worth it. Albert was very helpful as soon as we asked about the tour unlike other places. After having a chat he helped us with the next leg of our journey without asking for any return- we hadn't even booked with him at this point. Albert went out of his way to accommodate us and answer all of our questions. We were a group of four, the second into the cave thanks to our wonderful guide Patrick who was not only incredibly insightful but also diligent in reminding us what an incredible museum we were entering, left as it was 1200years ago- untouched by archiologists etc, mind blowing.
As long as you respect your guide and the place you are in you will have the safest most phenomenal time. We were both slightly sceptical about the whole thing, assuming it might be a bit like tubig and floating down a river...no no. It's educational, requires small amounts of swimming but is not the other end of the spectrum- you will not be diving under water and swimming through underwater tunnels. Just use your head.
Anyway. Do the tour, its clasified as the best in Central America, Albert was a hero with helping us and Patrick... Just make sure you get Patrick when you do your tour and you'll be leaving the most ridiculously long review like I have. Thanks Patrick- good luck with 2013, hope to see you if you get back to diving the blue hole in the coming years.

2 Thank aries070
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hello BZM Friend,

Goodness! I had a smile on my face when I saw the length of your review, reading it was spectacular. Your review is the highlight of my 2013 year. I am truly happy and I greatly appreciate the 5-star rating. As for your questions, I was happy... no, no, I was more than happy to help you with all your queries. ATM Cave is as you mentioned an "incredible museum", and Patrick does his very best to help you to understand that and to be able to feel the history from the cave. True as you mentioned, the cave is #1 in Central America and now thanks to you I feel like the #1 Tour Operator. I do hope you come again for a visit. We are looking forward to seeing you.

Wishing you the both the best in this 2013 as well,
Oakland, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tours - professional, knowledgeable, fun!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My fiance and I had an amazing time at the ATM cave with our tour guide Patrick - he knew lots about botany, Mayan history, the local area, and the history of the cave's exploration. The tour company owner Albert was very friendly and gave us a ride back to where we were staying. I highly recommend BZM for their professional, fun, friendly attitude.

1 Thank JacobK3000
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hey BZM Friend,

I am thrilled to read your review; It gave me a smile that you also gave a 5-star rating. I am happy that we gave you a wonderful trip here to Belize. We are glad you enjoyed the ATM Cave as well. I know that was probably the highlight of your trip! ATM is a well-visited cave and it is and will always be worth it to explore. We are happy to have given you such a memory! Please if you ever you come back to little Belize, do drop in for a hello! We were happy to met you and your fiancee!

Henderson, Nevada
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 466 helpful votes
“BZM is #1 for a reason”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

While staying in San Ignacio, our family used BZM tours to visit Tikal. I regret not using BZM for all of our inland tours.

from start to finish everything was first class with BZM. we were promptly picked up early at 7 am in a comfortable, modern passenger van with excellent AC--as we learned with other tour companies, this is not always the case! The driver, Odelia, was very friendly and professional. She even stood in the passport check line at the Guatemala border for us while we relaxed. Then we were passed off to Louis on the Guatemala side who would be our Tikal tour the rest of the day. Louis was a fantastic tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and we really enjoyed his unique Mayan perspective of the universe! First we stopped at a gift shop where we would later return to eat a late lunch. Don't be tempted to buy any souvenirs yet--there are other gift shops at Tikal itself which may pique your interest and remember that you are returning there afterwards. Then it was off to Tikal which is absolutely stunning and unforgettable--I review it separately. Louis took us off the beaten path and made sure we saw everything. I suppose there is something to be said for not being part of a tour and wandering around Tikal at your own leisure, but Tikal is so vast that it would be difficult for a first timer to find a way to see everything without taking all day getting lost and wandering aimlessly. Louis was invaluable at taking us from spot to spot explaining everything we were seeing and showing us so many things we would have completely missed had we visited ourselves. It was a great learning experience. After several hours at Tikal, we returned to the gift shop restaurant where we had the best tour lunch during our whole visit. Most operators serve sandwiches or snacks or feed you picnic style. BZM provided a sit down at a table with a 3 course meal. Then we headed back over to Belize where Odelia was waiting to take us back to our hotel. No hassle, no waiting, no frustration, no bother. Everything about BZM was first class.

The only minor negative things of the trip if I were to be picky were that I thought we could have spent less time at the gift shop in the beginning and that we ate lunch late in the afternoon around 3 pm. You can buy little snacks and drinks in Tikal which we did, but I would definitely recommend bringing a good amount of your own snacks and drinks, especially if you have kids. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend BZM to anyone visiting Belize.

2 Thank wskungfuclub
bzmtours1, Owner at Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear BZM Friend,

I am glad we made your inland trips memorable. Odilia sends her warmest hellos for you all and was happy to have been given the privilege of meeting you all. I too am happy that we made your tip a first class experience, we do our utmost best to ensure that our guests satisfaction rate is 100% all the time. We do hope you come in again for a visit.

Albert/ BZM Tours