“Really Great Experience”

Maximum Adventure Tours
Ranked #11 of 35 Tours in San Ignacio
More attraction details
Owner description: Maximum Adventure Tours takes trips to Belize's best and most exciting spots. Caves, Ruins and Rivers we do it all.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent over 10 days in San Ignacio area. We were fortunate we got to meet Max and His crew. He was very knowledgeable, always on time (or before), and the most important - very genuine. We went with Max on several tours. He and his guys never hesitated to get out of their way to make our journey even more pleasant. That is not a very common experience. Even longer drives were super interesting because Max would share his knowledge on the places we were passing, nature and history. Everybody we met in Belize was a nice person, but Max made our trip unique in the most positive way.

Since we travel with a small child our trips always took longer that regular trip. Everybody of his team has always made sure our experience will not be cut short. Beside that - we got a discounted price for our kid. And you have to remember Max has already best prices in town. (Checked that a couple times). We hope to be back to Belize yet this year, and we will make our all travel arrangements with Maximum Adventures.
PROS: personality, knowledge, punctuality, affordability, flexibility, business conduct, honesty.
CONS: none

1  Thank ralf s
There are newer reviews for Maximum Adventure Tours

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a fabulous long weekend in San Ignacio! We had no confirmed plans when we arrived, however we were graciously accomodated by Max, Douglas (our driver), and Peter (our guide) through out our stay.
On our first day we elected a day trip to Caracol, Rio Frio Cave & Altun-On Pools. We were picked up first thing in the morning.
The next day we decided to visit DuPlooys Botanical Garden, which offers a canoe rental and allows you to paddle down stream on the beutiful Macal River back in to town. We read about this in a guide book and asked Max about this excursion. He was very up front and explained that we could easily schedule this ourselves, however he arranged for our transportation with Douglas anyway, who charged standard cab fee and stayed until he was ensured that we were "all set". He even offered to paddle upstream to find us if we did not make it back to town, however this was not necessary!
For our third day we decided on cave tubing, however when Max and Peter arrived to pick us up in the morning it was much chillier than expected. Max quickly assisted us with a new plan and with in the hour we were at Hanna Stables for a spectacular 3 hour horse back ride!
We loved every day of our tour and enjoyed getting to know the staff at Maximum Adventure Tours. They went out of our way to take care of our every need and even arranged to take us to the airport in Belize City after a full day of horse back riding, a stop a Cahal Pech and even the zoo!. We will definitely use Maximum Adventure Tours again and found their service, honesty and hospitality to be first rate!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I used Maximum Adventure Tours to go to Tikal. I knew that as a single person in the low season I might run into problems with getting the tours I wanted and I was glad Max agreed to take me to Tikal (along with 3 other people) and come back the next day to take me back to Belize - I had wanted to do an early morning walk at Tikal. I knew I would have to pay the full freight for the return trip because it would only be me coming back. The next day when I was picked up, I discovered there were other customers going back with me. When we reached Belize and Max joined us, I took him aside and asked for 1/2 of what he charged me back since he did not have to make a special trip to get me. The answer was no - that was all. Just no. I suppose it was his right - but it certainly didn't make me want to be a repeat customer. T here are too many other tour operators around.

1  Thank Loislane12000
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My experience with Max began at his office and ended at Tikal, Guatemala. He was upfront about the price, was very informative and also quite entertaining. He took the time to stop along the way and educate us on local herbal remedies and pointed out any significant landmarks. He has a great sense of humor and we felt like we'd known him forever. There was a stop for a filling lunch and fresh Guatemalan coffee. He walked us (held our hands) across the border and made the border crossing super easy. He even went twenty miles out of his way so I could zipline and he could keep a previous appointment, still keeping us on schedule for our arrival at Tikal. I could not recomend him more...thank you Max!

1  Thank Corb H
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We took two tours with Maximum - Tikal/Flores all day trip from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. Transition at the border was smooth and the drive to Tikal was beautiful, our local Guatemalan guide was excellent with a great sense if humor. Lunch that was provided after Tikal before heading to Flores was tasty and just what we needed after hiking around for three hours.
Douglas our main guide for the day went above and beyond when we requested suggestions for places to stay - we had to leave the hotel we were suppose to stay with due to multiple reason (ie-no water, bugs, filth etc). He told us he would find us a place to stay and if he couldnt we were welcome to stay with him and his family. He drove us back to the hotel after already working 12+ hours, waited 20 mins for us to pack our stuff and then drove us to find a new place. With a smile on his face the whole time.

The other tour was to the ATM caves - amazing experience - but not for someone who is not in pretty good shape, claustorphobic or afraid of the dark. Louis our guide was fantastic and made the tour memorable with his sense of humor. He took the time on the way to and from the cave to tell us about the local plants and wildlife.

Go see Max - he will make sure you have a great experience at a great price!