“Cave Tours”

River Rat Expeditions - Private Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 36 Tours in San Ignacio
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Absolutely worth your money and time! So much fun, that you don't even notice the hours tick by. Actun Tunichil Muknal(ATM) is an unforgettable caving experience, made even more meaningful with professional archaeologist guides Raf, and Ganzo. Their pervasive knowledge of the cave, allowed us to enjoy the tour in a way that was exciting, mesmerizing, informative, and comfortable. Both Raf and Ganzo have done archaeological surveying and excavating in the caves since before they were even opened for tourism, so you can really get a uniquely exclusive look and feel of these amazing caves through them.
As a side note, if you get heat rash during your time in Belize, go to ATM. The water in the cave is exceptionally pure, and soothing.

I recommend caving with River Rat Expeditions to everyone! There is some climbing and a lot of splashing through water, but even people with limited physical ability would easily be able to view the cave.

1  Thank SashaRomih
There are newer reviews for River Rat Expeditions - Private Day Tours

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My tour of ATM Cave was absolutely amazing!!! The tour guide was informed and extremely knowledgeable. I had a great time and it was an incredible adventure. I would go again in a heartbeat!!

1  Thank ShannonK19
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I toured both ATM and Caracol with River Rat tour guide Raf, who was the perfect mix of fun and professional. The sites are both incredible and the guide(s) added a lot to the experience with stories and bits of information (which never became too drawn out and were never boring). I would recommend this group to anyone looking to tour these sites!

1  Thank Person322
Reviewed August 2, 2013

There are some life experiences that set they standard by which all others will be measured, and my cave exploration trips with Raf and Gonzo are definitely in that category! I was lucky enough to visit Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) and the Offering Cave with River Rat Expeditions. Raf and Gonzo's extensive knowledge of caves, archaeology and Mayan history made for an unforgettable adventure. Consummate professionals, they will keep you informed and entertained for hours. I guarantee that the next time I'm in Belize I'll be looking up Raf and Gonzo!

1  Thank MichaelBiggie
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went on a tour of the ATM caves and the site of Caracol with this tour group and it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. Our tour guide Raf was amazing and made each trip unforgetable. I highly recommend this tour group!

1  Thank Dnbarillas