“Great tour company”
Review of Hun Chi'ik Tours - CLOSED

Hun Chi'ik Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the beaten path and experience adventure and Belize’s cultural natural beauty in a whole different way ! We offer an array of tours and activities for all your different interests. Whether you are looking for fun, educational or adventurous tours we guarantee you a safe and most unique and memorable experience. We stand out through our extraordinary tours, quality service, professionalism, safety and commitment to social, cultural and environmental responsibility.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a great experience with Hun Chi'ik. First, our emails were promptly answered, which was not the case for other companies of this type that we queried. We had a relatively complex itinerary (2 transfers across the country and 3 caving trips), and Hun Chi'ik quoted us the lowest price of three San Ignacio based companies. Our driver was always on time, and one driver had to wait for us 6 hours when our boat was late, but he met us with a smile! Due to circumstances beyond Hun Chi'ik's control, we were only able to do 2 caves, but they were excellent trips. Patrick was very knowledgeable about ATM cave, and Edward was great in Barton Creek. I highly recommend this company.

2  Thank MorrisBolter
in 13 reviews
"tikal"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sympathic guides, safe conditions, interesting tour at a fair price! Extra-explanations about the jungle vegetation. Who wants more?

1  Thank Teoun
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I shopped around all the tour companies for a tour of the ATM cave and prices seemed to range from $90USD to $115USD. This seemed like a large scale, so I started diving into the details to figure out the difference. From what I can tell, some companies leave a little earlier, some provide snacks, but the guides work for many companies, and several companies will just put you on a shared tour. So in the end, I felt that it didn't really matter who I booked through, and went for the $90USD. I was very happy with the customer service and honesty of this company. They explained that I would be on a tour with other people, and that we would leave at 8:30 in the morning, but sometimes it gets delayed. We left promptly at 8:30, had a private van most of the way, and our guide Gliss (spelling?) was FANTASTIC!!

Bottom line: This tour was fabulous and $90.

Items to Remember: You can not take camera, so best to leave it, take some extra water (only 1 liter provided), there are changing rooms and showers at the hike start/end, bring a few snacks (lunch was great, but not until 2pm), be prepared to walk barefoot (they suggest socks, but not needed), you don't carry anything inside the cave.

1  Thank Robin-RTW
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arranged our ATM Caves tour a couple of days before we wanted to do it. We just emailed Hun Chi'ik and they sorted everything out for us. The tour itself is well worth doing. Patrick our guide was so knowledgeable, fun and friendly. It was one of the highlights of our trip - it cannot be compared to anything we've ever seen or done before. NB. You won't be allowed to take a camera into the ATM Caves due to an accident about a year ago when someone dropped their camera on a skeleton. Patrick joked, "you break it, you stay behind!"