“Crystal Cave Tour is the Best!”
Review of Hun Chi'ik Tours

and up
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Caves from San Ignacio
Ranked #14 of 32 Tours in San Ignacio
More attraction details
Owner description: Break away from the beaten path and experience adventure and Belize’s cultural natural beauty in a whole different way – the Hun Chi’ik way! We offer an array of tours and activities for all your different interests. Whether you are looking for fun, educational or adventurous tours we guarantee you a safe and most unique and memorable experience. Hun Chi’ik (Yucatec Maya) refers to the solitary coati which breaks from the pack to make its own path. It represents the philosophy of our business. We stand out through our extraordinary tours, quality service, professionalism, safety and commitment to social, cultural and environmental responsibility.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Crystal Cave Tour is the Best!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I did the crystal cave tour. I heard there was more skeleton remains on the ATM tour but decided on the crystal cave tour because unlike the ATM one, you are allowed to take photos. Really professional guides, who keep everyone's safety in mind. They really know their stuff about Mayan culture. I made a little video of my tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb2o1EfTi8c

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ozdocos

South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved Hun Chi'ik, loved Abraham!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Emma from Motorbike Adventures in Hopkins set us up with Hun Chiik, and we couldn't be gladder. Abraham was our tour guide, and he was absolutely fantastic. We kept walking by other groups who were listening to lengthy diatribes while Abraham was able to tailor his tour to us, picking out the best information without overwhelming my husband and I or the great couple we met on the van. There are many difficult parts of the tour, and it would be impossible to handhold everyone through, even in a small group, but Abraham kept checking on us the whole way through, pointing out the best footholds and even keeping a keen eye out for spiders for me (I'm quite allergic). My only wish is that I had known I could take a bag to the clearing before the cave entrance. Some bug spray would have saved me the 20 mosquito bites I got on the trek back. But that wasn't their fault, it was mine for not asking ahead of time.

1 Thank BritttheDem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour company and local guides”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went cave tubing with Hun Chi'ik Tours and had an incredible experience. The natural beauty experienced whilst tubing was amazing. The tour was run very professionally and safely with a very knowledgable and approachable local tour guide. Would recommend going on a tour with these guys in a heartbeat!

1 Thank APP1982
Cromwell, Otago, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing day”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I did the Actun Tunichil Muknal, amazing day. Our guide was super knowledgeable and lovely. Give great direction and instruction through the cave. Got lunch at the end. Picked me up from my hotel, and were driven there and back

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ailsa C
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hun Chi'ik Tours are Excellent”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am a guide for G Adventures and we use Hun Chi'ik for all of our tours when staying in the San Ignacio area. They offer a great selection of cave tours for fitness levels of all kinds as well as exceptional insight into the Mayan legend and culture. Guides are always extremely knowledgeable, professional, and kind. I recommend all of their tours if you have the time!!!!

Visited September 2012