“Quality and prices over-rated”
Review of Meluchi's - CLOSED

Meluchi's
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Mexican, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Meluchi's is a Pub & Restaurant that strives on bringing its patrons the best dining & socializing experience in San Ignacio Town, Cayo, Belize C.A.!We offer the best outdoor ambiance for dining, drinking, lounging, singing & partying. Enjoy our mini tatched palapas out-front in the restaurant area or lounge under our Grand Tatched Palapa at the GRAVE YARD LOUNGE with a unique view of the Santa Rita Cemetery. Grab a double whopper burger, cochinita pibil tacos, a sweet & spicy wings, or a mixed appetizer with a mug of beer, or any of our signature drinks, & enjoy a great time while being served attentively. Children are welcome for lunch and early dinner. We also have a playground that they can enjoy of while you eat/drink/lounge. Night entertainment includes contests on the main stage, prizes, karaoke, live entertainment, DJ's, an MC, a reggae band, etc.Everybody gets the best of us all in areas.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

On Saturday evening at about 10:30 in the evening, I decided to pay a visit to meluchi`s.
Apart from four friends of the management, the place was empty. I aske the female manager and she said she had no explanation as the place was well attended the previous night.

I ordered a Pina colada and what I got was crushed ice with blue and red sweet liquid.for 12 belizean dollars( or six US dollars)

I wanted to sample some food and ordered 6 chicken wings accompanied with some french fries. The portion of french fries was small( a handful) and not crisp. But the chicken wings were ok with a sweet sauce for 10 belizean dollars(5 US).

I left quite disappointed.

Roberto H, Marketing Officer at Meluchi's, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear vnazaire,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, we always appreciate feedback be positive or negative as we can learn from both. I assure you that what you experienced is not the normal Meluchi's. We went through a period of management changes and staff changes and that gave us an unbalance in our operations. If you are ever back in Belize please stop by and we will make sure to make up for it!

Best Regards,

Roberto Harrison,
Marketing Officer

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were looking for a new lunch place that we hadn't tried before. We love wings so decided to try Meluchi's. We found out it was half price taco day (Tuesdays), so we had an order of wings which came with fries and some pork tacos.

The wings were very meaty with lots of sauce. If you like them drier, you might want to note this. The tacos were excellent.

We were the only patrons there at the time. The waiter was very friendly and helpful explaining the menu. The person cooking puts out some amazing food from that small kitchen.

Definitely a return to place.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I always heard about this place and I finally got a chance to visit Cayo with my boyfriend. We had an amazing time there. Great service! And amazing food! And reasonable prices. We went saterday night and it was cool, right beside the grave yard. I danced and had coupled drinks. Def going back! -mish

1  Thank Shellabella27
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fun place with good food. Took the family, was a little unsure if it was appropriate for two teen agers but we all enjoyed it. Good food, good music, great atmosphere, great friendly staff. We will definitely go back again next time we are in Belize.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Decent prices but not great happy hour prices. The drinks are satisfactory. It can be fun when there is a crowd

1  Thank tobaccocay