“Not sure why this place gets so many great reviews”
Review of Serendib

Serendib
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I would say the food was "okay." We had the chicken curry with yellow rice...the portion was generous but moreover the taste was just alright. I wasn't disappointed nor impressed. It was just "okay."

Plus: The outdoor seating is cute.

Reviewed May 14, 2010

The owner was very attentive and informative. He gave us complimentary tastes of several dishes. The ginger lime drink was very refreshing. Loved the samosa's!!!

1  Thank freakofthecreek
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Serendib is located in the heart of San Ignacio within walking distance from the major hotels in town. It’s been in business since 1987 and is run by the Pierises, an Indian/Belizean family. They specialize in Indian cuisine and their curry dishes are a favorite of mine, especially the fried rice with curried lobster. The fresh ingredients used in these dishes just enhance the flavors of the food and the wide variety of meats include shrimp, lobster, fish, lamb, pork, chicken and beef. Their prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is fantastic. You can choose between eating inside in a more formal setting or out in their secluded shaded patio. Since I’m a tea drinker, I recommend that you try any of their wide variety of Dilmah teas either hot or cold. If you are ever in the San Ignacio and want a fantastic dinner, great atmosphere and the best service, choose Serendib Restaurant. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed March 16, 2010

My family and I think this is the best restaurant in all of Belize. It's a big part of why we frequently make the 2 hr bus ride to San Ignacio. Love the fish curry and fresh ingredients and the family that runs this establishment couldn't be nicer.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Service is outstanding. Food is fantastic. Prices terrific. This place cannot be beat.
I visit Belize several times a year, and always eat here if I am in the San Ignacio area. I will be back to eat here in May.