“Serendib is a Special Treat”
Review of Serendib

Serendib
Ranked #14 of 82 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Serendib is the place to take that special someone for a lovely birthday or celebration meal... their menu is quite exotic for Belize, the place has a nice atmosphere, and the downstairs outside patio is romantically lit... just pray it doesn't rain, the patio's not covered!

There are newer reviews for Serendib

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This small restaurant is owned by a Texan who knows food and drink. My wife loves curry and she found her dream dish. The daughter makes homemade brownies not to be missed...

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have visited restaurant over the past 10 years, with smaller and larger groups of people and by myself. I read the different comments and get upset about what people write: first of all the menu and the prices are absolutely the same as what they were 10 years ago, even with the new owners. I think it doesn´t state anywhere that a Sri Lankan Restaurant should have a massive variety of curries, and only curries. I have loved the curries at Serendib as well as the Belizean and American choices on the menu. The T bone steak is fantastic. The food tastes very fresh and I can tell the recipes are all ´made from scratch´. The service is like what one can expect in Belize, not too fast, but definitely very friendly. The hosts are wonderful people. I like the fact that they have not changed the interior nor the menu. The garden in the back is a lovely hang out different from any other restaurants in San Ignacio. If you come to expect a curryhouse, go to India or Britain. If you want to have a nice variety of food for a decent price, great strong drinks and friendly service go to Serendib. I can´t wait to go back there, have a curry with one of the side orders, all yumm!!

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I couldn't believe it, really fantastic food that has an authentic Sri Lankan taste in San Ignacio. I was so impressed with the quality of food. The eggplant appetizer is simply delicious, I ordered two just for dinner. This family run place is not to be missed.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had a chichen curry and a fish curry. Both were tasty. Love the devilled potatoes as well.