“Eggplant! Eggplant! Eggplant!”

Serendib
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I couldn't believe it, really fantastic food that has an authentic Sri Lankan taste in San Ignacio. I was so impressed with the quality of food. The eggplant appetizer is simply delicious, I ordered two just for dinner. This family run place is not to be missed.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had a chichen curry and a fish curry. Both were tasty. Love the devilled potatoes as well.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Serendib was once our favourite place to go eat curried foods. The original owners were Sri-Lanken and very nice people. I have been back since the new owners/managers took it over, and found that the prices had gone up quite a bit, and the quality of the food was not that great. We were pretty disappointed with our curries!

serendibsam, Owner at Serendib, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Just to make it clear the prices have not changed in two years and the cooks are the same also, so the food is still held to the same high standards as it always has been.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I looking for a quick bite happened upon the chalk board listing this restaurant’s menu and it immediately piqued our interest. Inside we went, where the server was quickly at our table taking our drink orders and handing us menus. Bringing back our beers we discussed the menu items with the server and both of us settled on the curry! The food was excellent, I ordered the chicken curry with fried rice and my wife had the shrimp curry with white rice both on the spicy side. Service was also excellent! The staff cared about you and your dining experience!!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Not what I expected from an Indian restaurant. Usually there are several curry sauce options on an Indian menu. But not here. It's the same sauce for everything--you just pick the rice and meat. It was good, just not typical of an Indian restaurant. The food was good, but the service was odd. They took our order, and then about 40 minutes later the hamburgers were served to the 2 people who ordered those. Then the rice and beans about 15 minutes after that to the people who ordered those, and then about 10 minutes later the curry...I could not understand what happened there. Their shrimp cocktail is odd as well, with the shrimp all drowning in Thousand Island dressing.

Overall, if you have a few days to eat out in San Ignacio, this place is definitely worth eating at for the variety of not eating at the same place every night.