“Nice curries”
Review of Serendib

Serendib
Ranked #13 of 79 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Australia
“Nice curries”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had a chichen curry and a fish curry. Both were tasty. Love the devilled potatoes as well.

Visited November 2011

San Ignacio, Belize
“Not The Same Since New Owners Took it Over”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Serendib was once our favourite place to go eat curried foods. The original owners were Sri-Lanken and very nice people. I have been back since the new owners/managers took it over, and found that the prices had gone up quite a bit, and the quality of the food was not that great. We were pretty disappointed with our curries!

Visited May 2011
serendibsam, Owner at Serendib, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Just to make it clear the prices have not changed in two years and the cooks are the same also, so the food is still held to the same high standards as it always has been.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Great food - Great service”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I looking for a quick bite happened upon the chalk board listing this restaurant’s menu and it immediately piqued our interest. Inside we went, where the server was quickly at our table taking our drink orders and handing us menus. Bringing back our beers we discussed the menu items with the server and both of us settled on the curry! The food was excellent, I ordered the chicken curry with fried rice and my wife had the shrimp curry with white rice both on the spicy side. Service was also excellent! The staff cared about you and your dining experience!!

• Visited September 2011
Portland, OR
“Good food, but when they say curry, that's it--one curry.”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Not what I expected from an Indian restaurant. Usually there are several curry sauce options on an Indian menu. But not here. It's the same sauce for everything--you just pick the rice and meat. It was good, just not typical of an Indian restaurant. The food was good, but the service was odd. They took our order, and then about 40 minutes later the hamburgers were served to the 2 people who ordered those. Then the rice and beans about 15 minutes after that to the people who ordered those, and then about 10 minutes later the curry...I could not understand what happened there. Their shrimp cocktail is odd as well, with the shrimp all drowning in Thousand Island dressing.

Overall, if you have a few days to eat out in San Ignacio, this place is definitely worth eating at for the variety of not eating at the same place every night.

Visited August 2011
Raleigh, NC
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

As soon as I saw the sign advertising rice and curry at Serendib on our way into San Ignacio, I was interested in eating here. Luckily, a friendly street vendor pointed it out to us one afternoon when we were wandering around looking for a place to eat. He strongly recommended it, so in we went! I got a veggie curry with rice and my husband got a beef curry with rice. Both dishes came with a small salad. This was my first experience with Sri Lankan food. The food was fantastic! So flavorful! My husband had a few beers, which were reasonably priced, to round out his meal. Desserts looked great, but we were too full to try one. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in San Ignacio.

• Visited March 2011