“MOST DELICIOUS CAKES!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in San Ignacio
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I am Belizean and I enjoy a stop here every single time! I love their turtle cheesecake! Everything is wonderful! Great coffee too! I HIGHLY recommend!!!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

After all of the reviews on TA I COULD NOT DECIDE on what to get. We got chocolate cake, cappuccino cake, coconut tart, pineapple cheese cake, carrot cake, and cotton tree chocolate.
Chocolate cake was wonderful! Get that!!!
Cappuccino cake was a little dry and not much of a cappuccino flavor.
Coconut tart I would get again! Delicious
Pineapple cheesecake. No. The cheesecake not sweet and is plain cheesecake topped with pineapple jam... Was very disappointed.... I thought the cake would have pineapple flavoring baked into it but not so. Plain cheese cake topped with smuckers pineapple jam in my opinion.
Carrot cake was very good. I would get that again.
Cotton tree chocolate bar. Don't waste your money. Not better than Godiva or ghirardelli's.

Of course we couldn't finish everything so we had her to wrap up the leftovers. She put foil on the cakes and by the time we got back to our room the frosting was stuck to the foil... Make sure she doesn't lay the foil on the frosting.
This place is just up hill from downtown san ignacio. It is towards the ruins (Cahal Pech).
From downtown it is a 15-20 minute walk up hill.
Take a taxi if your a physically challenge.
Good way to get your exercise in if you plan on splurging while there.

All of this cost $13US. WE ALSO HAD WATER.

ENJOY!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Small and easily overlooked, Sweet Ting is a great find! Like many smaller operations, they sell a whole host of completely unrelated things to supplement their primary business (like books and socks and cell phone cases).... but I come back again and again for the coconut tarts. Always fresh, not too sweet, melt in your mouth! My husband loves the cheesecake and there's always some beautiful cake - rum, chocolate, almond - to tempt. Since we're typically cooking for ourselves when traveling here.... this (and coffee and ice cream) is what we go 'out' for!

1  Thank Mijestic
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Delicious really doesn't cover it! It is SOOOO good! We had dessert here every night we were in town! The best baked goods around! The cheesecake alone is worth the trip to Belize!

1  Thank V S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We hiked up the hill to check Sweet Ting out after all of the fantastic reviews. We got a slice of Turtle Cake and a Guava Bar to eat back at the hotel after dinner. I will admit we ate them both much later, and all food is always best first thing. They were both good, just nothing that made me want to go back. They seemed to have good ingredients and flavor, but not that impressive in any way.