“My favorite place to eat in San Ignacio”
Review of Ko-Ox Han nah

Ko-Ox Han nah
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed December 22, 2013

"Hannah's" is a gem. There is no A/C inside so it can get a bit muggy, but that slight discomfort is worth it. I believe all their food comes from the owner's nearby farm. The lamb curry at Hannah's was hands down one of my most favorite meals during our whole trip through Belize and Guatemala. Extremely tender and succulent meat. I had it twice. It is now December, and I'm still craving it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for dinner one night while in San Ignacio on our trip to Belize in December 2013. One of our tour guides told us it was a good place to get traditional Belizean food. It was. I had fish and my wife had chicken. The fish was probably swimming in the ocean that day and the chicken was probably strolling down the side of the road. It was that fresh. The plates came with all the trimmings. I had a fine vanilla milkshake. Two very friendly ladies were there who waited on us. The price is right. And although I was to full dessert looked amazing. We liked traditional Belizean food. This is a good place to get it.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I like the food there, we ordered a fish filet, and beef dish (forgot the name), both were good. Service was quick and nice, waiter and waitress are both very helpful and patient.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I wasn't expecting to find Belize-India fusion food! It was quite tastey. I had lamb curry which was better than most lamb curries I've had. I also had an excellent rum drink which was mixed with coconut water. This is one of the best put together restaurants in San Ignacio.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We decided to eat here after a few other travelers recommended it. It's easy to find in town and sits on a busy street where you can people watch while you eat. The food portions were HUGE, you could easily share a plate. The food was excellent, the drinks cold, and the price fair. The servers were also all very kind and there was artwork on the walls that you could purchase. Great little spot.