“Excellent meals both times!”

Running W Steakhouse & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Caribbean, Lebanese, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Honoured with the title of Restaurant of the Year 2016 by the Belize Tourism Board, the Running W Steakhouse & Restaurant (located at San Ignacio Resort Hotel), offers a newly remodelled air-conditioned dining hall that boasts exceptional views of the hillside property. The menu is international with all the flavours and the best of Belizean cuisine featuring meats from the family's ranch, Running W Brand Meats. Dining outdoors very often includes the visit of resident birds, including toucans, that come to feed on nearby trees making for a unique "dining with the birds" experience. Some favourites include specialty steaks as well as tasty Lebanese dishes derived from the family's recipes. Running W Steahouse & Restaurant's Lobby Bar is open to the outdoor dining area and offers a modern Baroque themed décor. In this relaxed, open concept and air-conditioned setting, guests can enjoy an innovative selection of classic cocktails and Belizean mixology offered alongside a menu of light plates. With live music on some weekends, the Lobby Bar is the perfect place for an afternoon drink, early aperitif or, late evening cocktails.
Miami, Florida
“Excellent meals both times!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I came here for a steak dinner and lunch. Got the Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon. Delicious! As was the pasta carbonara for lunch! Great service and views from the outside terrace as well.

Visited January 2013

Massachusetts
“Beautiful setting, but "eh" food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel, so this was our go-to restaurant. We kept hoping that things would get better...breakfast was fine but dinners were not. In general service was slow, although pleasant. The food just wasn't up to par, there are other places to eat in San Ignacio for much better meals. And it is expensive. The setting is beautiful, especially on the balcony. We saw iguanas several times and a kinkajou on the tree next to the balcony. That was pretty cool.

• Visited December 2012
Redmond, Washington
“gave me the STRANGEST Filet Mignon EVER. SICK for 24 hours after.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The two of us ate here for our Christmas Eve dinner. BAD DECISION! We ordered the Filet Mignon and Maya Steak. I wouldn't recommend eating here at all. I think the kitchen tried to pull a fast one on us and when we caught them they did something to the food which made me sick. VERY FISHY!!! I will only review the The Filet Mignon so the review isn't too long. It came as two pieces of meat, roasted breakfast style potatoes and steamed veggies. The filet was topped with mushrooms and wrapped in bacon. The mushroooms were bland, looked and tasted like they came from a can. There was little bit of sauce (not very tasty), and bacon that was not crispy at all (bummer). The bacon was wrapped around the edges of one of the filets, which oddly enough made it LOOK LIKE A COW TONGUE so I had to investigate it further. After removing the bacon from around the edge, the one Filet Mignon FELL INTO THREE SLICES of meat (horizontal slices). The top layer was thin, the middle a little bigger and the bottom was the thickest. It was BIZARRE!! I had never seen anything like it. I wish I had taken a photo. We had our camera there, like I said it was Christmas Eve, but I was so taken back it didn't occur to me to take a picture. We showed the waiter the filet and he seemed a bit thrown off by it. He took my plate away to the kitchen. He came back and said sorry, they are making a new one. I don't recall if he asked if I wanted something else, he might have, but at that point I was now worried what else they might do to my food. I wanted to get up and leave but we figured we should give them a chance to make it right. While I waited for my new dish I saw someone else giving there plate to a server only to get a new one shortly after my new plate arrived. Strange that someone else would be having issues with there food too.? After my plate was gone we only had the one meal which consisted of dry meat and only enough tortillas for each of us to have one. I waited, at least 15 minutes for my new meal to arrive. Before I could take a bite (I was inspecting the meat again) another Server? Manager? came to check on my food. So at least the Service was decent. HOWEVER, when the bill came, there was no compensation! We were CHARGED FULL PRICE! We thought they would add least give us the glass of wine for free for our troubles. Lastly, I GOT SICK shortly after dinner until the next afternoon when I decided to take some anti-diarrheal medicine. Did I mention the music? Someone was singing Karaoke in the main part of the restaurant. Not romantic at all.

• Visited December 2012
Paso Robles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great patio dining”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Early morning breakfast on the patio with birds, iguanas, monkeys, and squirrels. Good food too! We especially enjoyed the banana pancakes and fried jacks.

Visited December 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Variety of Belizean meals”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I liked the rice and beans. I loved putting the pico de gallo on everything like the eggs for breakfast and the rice and beans... The salad with a option of fish in there, very tasty (it was blue snapper) very good....the liver steak with onions, very good...
i had the t-bone steak, not good at all.....even cooked to my liking which was medium, it soo tough and not good at all...
cayo de bollo starter for an appetizer was good as well as the shrimp poppers, and shrimp ceviche, the belizean breakfast with fried jacks is the BEST!!!! breakfast choice, it is soooo good....

Visited October 2012