“Good food, pricey, staff friendly”
Review of Erva's

Erva's
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is off the beaten path just a couple roads away from the main strip in san Ignacio. As all, they are expensive but have a good choice with some authentic dishes and you can see them cook right there in an open kitchen. staff was fun, he let me go behind bar and make my own drink so I could make sure their was plenty of liquor! :) they got busy and couldn't keep up with the demand so go in there if the place is pretty empty. it is a small mom and pop place. plan to spend $15 American dollars per person minimum with drink.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went here with a total party of 6. We all met at Cahal Pech resort and were told by a taxi driver that this spot was good. If I recall correctly our waiter's name was Guillermo. This guy was top notch! Great service, great attitude. The ceviche was ridiculously fresh and tasty. The drinks were stiff and everyone's food was delicious. If you come to San Ignacio you have to stop by here!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We pulled ourselves away from Han-hah's restaurant to try another Trip Advisor recommended spot.
We had Red Snapper, Chicken--- very good.
Prices were commensurate with the food.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Amazing, great food, very generous portions. Conch ceviche is the best I've ever had, we ordered the specials offered that evening and we're delighted. I think the real Erva is there cooking on the restaurant's open kitchen to the side which probably explains the quality and flavor. Really enjoyed the experience, even the ice cold beers. Nice break from our resort's limited menu.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The place is decent with some outdoor sitting area. We order the chaya chips. it is a sour leafy veggie, sautéed with pepper onion with salt an black pepper, then put on top of some chips. We liked it but it's not spectacular. I ordered local's favorite: rice, bean and chicken, it is decent. My husband ordered the special creole fish, and it was nicely spiced in a tomato-base seasoning, with good amount of veggie, and topped with rice or potato, it was hmmm good. The waiter was nice, kind of trying to get some tour business for his friend/brother, but not too pushy to make us uncomfortable. The neighboring table loved their drinks too, some cocktail, but I didn't try. Overall, a good place to have dinner.