“Somewhat dissapointed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had heard that the place for seafood (Lobster) was Ervas.We both had Lobster (Grilled garlic) and although you got a good amount it was extremely salty, almost inedible. We were looking forward to seafood so were left dissapointed

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We only went to Erva's once, with all the rave reviews we just kept forgetting to veer off the main drag in San Ignacio. We did finally make it to dinner on our last night. The gentleman who waited on us was fantastic, he made sure we were comfortable, got us a fan on the front porch, as well as recommended the Chaya appetizer. When I asked about the garlic lobster he also was honest and said that people had found it quite salty and I might like to try the Creole Lobster instead, so I ordered that and my friend got the Creole fish. I also got myself a Dragonfruit smoothie, it was the most beautiful thing and absolutely delicious! The Chaya appetizer came (basically a dairy free version of spinach dip) and it was just what we needed, lots of fresh veggies and fresh tortilla chips. Unfortunately we were not as pleased with our main dishes. Maybe we had OD'd on Creole food already but it was pretty soupy, salty, and too much overall. We would definitely go back to try different things and wished we had a chance to go for breakfast.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I read so many reviews recommending the chaya, that I chose to have that as my meal since I wasn't very hungry. It was very good and when I ran out of chips, I finished the rest with my fork. Drinks were good too. Our waiter, whom I believe was one of the owners stopped at talked to us later and was happy to offer suggestions for things to see and do all over Belize.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

There is a reason why these guys are synonymous with great food and service! I dined here several times while in San Ignacio. Each meal was served with fresh ingredients, including veg., meats, and even homemade bread. The service was exceptionally personable and they were very accommodating. From Belizian specialties to international choices, Erva's nails it every time!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Tucked away on a quiet San Ignacio street is Erva's arguably the best restaurant in Cayo. The food is fantastic and there's a lot of it and the service is warm and friendly. After a couple of visits you feel part of the family.