“Great Time”
Review of Pacz Tours

Pacz Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pacz Tours Belize leads daily tours Actun Tunichil Muknal, Cave Tubing and to all of the known Archaeologocal sites and quite a few unknown ones as well. Pacz Tours pride themselves on having the most experienced and knowledgeable tour guides in San Ignacio, Belize.
Encino, ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We did 3 tours with them, the cave tubing, ATM caving and Tikal. The one thing I could have done without was the cave tubing, it was a little stupid....but still fun. I would recommended the tubing if it was half th price, but certainly not worth spending the 80$ per person for. Tikal and ATM was great and we had wonderful tour guides. For Tikal our tour guide was Juice, he was very knowledgeable and gave us an in depth information regarding the Mayan ways. ATM our tour guide was Rena, he was also a great guide. I would certainly use Pacz tours again.

Visited April 2011

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ethical and professional, do ATM!”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We used Pacz tours because of both the reviews we found on trip advisor and recommendations from locals. This company has a reputation for keeping good guides and paying them appropriately. This company and its guides are very knowledgeable about their products and keep conservation as a top priority.

As a tour operator in BC Canada (Kimberley Snowmobile Adventures) and having worked as a guide and in tourism for a long time it is important to my wife and I to support quality tour companies whenever we travel.

There are less expensive options, I can't say for sure what type of experience you would receive as we did not use them but it would be hard to beat Pacz Tours.

Our guide for Caracol was Anastacio and he went out of the way to take us to Big Rock falls in the pine ridge area instead of the normal pools. I highly recommend this! He had a lifejacket with him and a rope on his hip for safety and helped not just us, but all the families swimming there to stay safe and climb the cliffs for jumping and guiding them to swim under the falls. We were the last to leave Caracol and his tour was special.

Our Guide for ATM was Renan, he has done the cave some 2000 times and his enthusiasm has not faded. He has been guiding there since the beginning of tourists entering the cave. He is a leader in conservation and frowned at some of the other guides actions. We were the last to enter and the last to leave the cave which was a good call as the school group ahead of us was very noisy and would have been distracting had we been next to them. As the last to leave we were all by ourselves in the cavern. This cave is an absolute must do, just pay the money and go.

Thanks for a great time guys.

Jeff and Leah

Visited April 2011
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Expected more - will not recommend”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I decide that I was going to use the Pacz Tours before arriving in Belize. The reviews were so excellent as compared to the other companies. I signed up for the ATM tour with them. The cave is an awesome cave but my guide was terrible. First of all, it was a rush to get in the cave because we were in the cave with a lot of other people. Our guide, Pancho, was not knowledgeable of the cave; he was often quiet, gave unexplained answers and was very redundant. I overheard guides from other companies presenting more details and information to their tour group - I wanted to join the other group so badly. This was really bad.

Also, we had a couple older folks in our group that needed more attention and this made our guide mad. He started shouting at the couple and talking and cursing to him in Creole thinking we wouldn’t understand. It was a really bad tour.
To top it off, on our way back o San Ignicio, the driver, who was also the guide, was driving carelessly fast. It was quite unbelievably scary for us. I felt really sorry for the older couple; imagine how they felt. I would never recommend this company to my family and friends.
.......

Visited January 2011
4 Thank Vercad
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Definitely use PACZ”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We used PACZ for our trip to ATM and to Tikal. What a wonderful time! Guides Oscar (at ATM) and Hugo (Tikal) were experts and made us feel very comfortable.
You can call the night before a tour to sign up, no need to make reservations way ahead.
Top notch tour company...and definitely do Tikal and ATM. Well worth it.

Visited March 2011
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pacz is the right choice!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I got back from a trip to Belize and had a wonderful experience with Pacz. We went to ATM with one of their tour guides named Gonzo. He has a master's degree in archaeology and has actually done a lot of his work in the caves. He gave us so much information and also kept us entertained. We also booked a tour with them to Caracoal--while there was initially a scheduling error, they worked very quickly to arrange a private tour for us. I have traveled a lot and definitely think that Pacz is of the highest caliber.

Visited March 2011