“Favorite with the family”

Hode's Place Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Reliable place for a family lunch, with good food and beverages. Nice outdoor patio seating, pleasant service.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

There are lots of tables at Hodes so no reservations and no waiting. Most resteraunts in San Ignacio are small and have limited tables but this was not an issue here. Food was good but the location is a little out of the way

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our food here was Ok, but there's a lot to choose from so we could have gone back and had a different experience. Hode's is big, open and clean and seems like a good spot if you have a large party. The menu is pretty divers, but as a pescatarian (vegetarian who eats fish) there's not a lot for me. I got the fish burger, which was more of a sandwich. It was pretty bland but ok. I'd be willing to give it another shot though, maybe for breakfast. We sat outside and it was nice and bug free. The staff was very attentive even though they had to service people all over on the large property.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hodes is on the outskirts of the downtown and is a great place for families. A children's play section is shared with kids and parents and the tables are right nearby. GOod typical food, rice and beans and the like, as well as a full bar!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am a very picky person when it comes to food. We ended up stopping here because we did a tour of the Mayan Ruins with Carnival and lunch was included with it.

They served us chicken, rice and beans, and some deep fried little banana (I forget what they are called lol). I was very skeptical, but everything tasted really good. Nothing was dry and it was all full of flavor. If you are in the area, I would recommend you try this place.