My friends surprised me with a tree top cabin and it was just the greatest cabin I have ever been in. It was so much nicer than most hotel rooms that I've ever been in. It had a breath taking view and 1 indoor shower and 1 outdoor shower with homemade body soaps. We had a king size bed and a very comfortable bunk bed for the 3 of us. We went in May and the weather was just peaking to get hot so our night time sleeps were very peaceful with a few holler monkeys throughout the night saying hello, but it still remained a nice temperature during this time. This really was just a superb place to stay and the staff couldn't of been more friendly and helpful at any given moment! There was coffee service that came to your room in the morning and if you were not up yet they would leave it by your front door and it always came with some yummy fresh warm bread/cake of some sort.
Their excursions were always on time and had minimal people on the tours so it didn't feel overwhelming with a giant group. One must sign up for the excursions the night before and then meet everybody in the morning to catch the bus to whatever you chose.
The meals were extremely delightful and if you had any dietary requests they would certainly handle them. The food comes as a buffet and everything is fresh and the nice thing is they feed a very well balanced meal. It isn't all carbs or all vegetable they have a little bit of everything and also maintain a Belizean feel to the meal. Also, if you are celebrating anything let them know as they will make you a cake or whatever you might need to help make it special.
I can't say more about this place and I didn't want to leave,it was an awesome experience and place to stay. We did do the cheese tour which was a little bit lacking but standing in the coolers made it worth the while as it was very hot during a few days so the AC was great!
If you get the chance to stay here please take it as it was a fantastic place to meet new people and just have a great time. But be wary there are a lot of steps to get to the tree tops so if you are not physically able to do this then you may want to stay in one of their rooms on the ground floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotel.de so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan