The guides here are why you love it so much. With their machetes at hand and their intimate knowledge of the jungle, their great senses of humor -- they show you a whole new world, and make you feel like the first person to explore it. Everyday was a real challenge, often scary for me -- but this fear felt right and made everything incredibly vital and amazing. By the end of our week there, I was ready for anything. The housing is lovely -- our casita was in the jungle/botanical garden, animals and birds and insects flitting all around just through the screens (no windows -- the jungle can be LOUD!) outdoor shower and orchids dripping everywhere. The food is wonderful, and because you are starving after a huge day climbing or hiking,it tastes even better. Family style dining means you see the same faces every night and the atmosphere is warm and comfortable. We plan to go back for a jungle survival week, one day of food two guides, 4 days in the jungle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan