We spent a week at Caves Branch for our honeymoon - so glad we made that choice! As beautiful as everything looked on the website, and as cool as everything sounded, the reality far surpassed our expectations. The food is delicious...far too delicious, in fact; I think the only reason we didn't gain weight on the trip was all the exercise we got. We stayed in a canopy treehouse - quite the hike to get there, but well worth it. The owners - Ian & Ella - are wonderful people who treat all their guests as though they were personally invited to come visit, and everyone on staff is friendly, talented, and goes out of their way to help with whatever you might need. We went on four of the adventure tours - cave tubing/zip lining, Tikal, Xunantunich & Cahal Pech, and horseback riding. For every single one, the guides were terrific! We always felt completely safe, and they were impressively knowledgeable about whatever tour they were leading - not just the usual basic information. For meals, the tables are set up for groups of eight, which seems to be the perfect number for meeting new people and being able to chat with whoever you want. Sadly, we ran out of time to see as much of the botanical garden as we wanted, or to go on more of the tours...but we're definitely planning to go back! We're already recommending it to everyone we know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan