My wife and I stayed there Jan 27th - Feb 1st 2013. We are 48 and 51 years old respectively. We stayed in the tree houses (room 23) It was a little hike to get to our room but well worth it. The room was amazing. 2 showers, a soaking tub, living room and bedroom. There is no ac but it was not needed. Ceiling fans and large open (screened) windows made it very comfortable while sleeping. There is also no TV (a major concern of mine) so we brought a portable DVD player and some DVD's to watch before bed.
We went on the cave tubing / zipline adventure which was awesome. The caves were amazing. The trip was a little long (7 miles) but still a lot of fun. Just be careful as some of the rocks are a little slippery and I had a little fall. The next day we rested by the pool and had a few pina colada's (which were amazing). Day 3 we went to the "belizian" ruins. We wanted to go to Tikal originally, but this adventure was a little closer ( 1.5 hr ride vs. 3 hr ride each way) The ruins were very interesting and guides were very informative. They allow you to climb the ruins and even go "inside" them, which was really cool.
The food at the hotel was VERY good. Breakfast served at 8Am, lunch 12:30 and dinner 6PM. Everyone eats together (about 30 -40 guests). Food is fresh, cooked and immediately served buffet style.
My favorite part of the vaca was meeting so many nice people. Starting with the owner and staff (Ian,Larry,Dillon, James, Pablo, Carlos, Kareem and others) to guests from Tampa, New York, Colorado, Edmonton, Sweeden, Finland and Michigan.
We loved this place and will return. Thanks Ian and the whole staff. WE had a great time.
Tom & Debbie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan