This was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. Being 53 and 62 years old, we were worried we wouldn't be able to keep up or do the activities, but the guides took their time, made lots of jokes and made everyone feel comfortable. When the airport transfer was a pickup truck, I knew I was going to love it. They handed us headlamps when we arrived and took us up to our canopy tree house. Our jaws hit the floor. We went up to the roof, filled the hot tub and watched the millions of stars. Jupiter is rising now including 2 of it's moons. We loved the kayak trip, seeing lots of storks and herons; the 5 hours of cave tubing, meandering leisurely through 5 large caves, giggling over the cave rapids, and having lunch by the side of the river was the most fun thing we did. The Achun Tunichil Muknal cave is one of the most interesting caves in the world, complete with some crystal skelatons and a hundred indian pots. You get to swim across a small stream and hike in socks at the end. Ella's orchids are beyond belief, drawing butterflies and hummingbirds to them. During the morning birding trip we saw the Keel Billed Toucans, which are so colorful, and a white hummingbird with a iridescent green and maroon crest on it's head, called a fairy. The night hike was thrilling with lots of interesting insects, a long eared mouse eating a gigantic caterpillar, a tarantula being coaxed out of it's hole with a piece of grass, and the glowing eyes of a possum in a tree. The smell of roast coming from the kitchen as you return from your day's adventure was mouthwatering, all the friends you've made gathered around the bar drinking beer, sharing the day's exciting stories. Then after dinner getting ready to head back up to the hot tub on the roof at 9p when the lights go out, ready to drool over the stars all over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan