I have never stayed at a place like this before where you all eat breakfast together at 8am and dinner together in the evening and there is no town in sight, so no freedom to go do your own thing. That said, rooms were great, grounds were beautiful, staff super friendly and most of all the tours were amazing.
We did two tours, both cave-based. One involved tubing and walking and Mayan artifacts and the other involved walking, crawling, climbing, swimming and jumping off of underground waterfalls into pools of water below. I'd do both again, but the waterfall one is a must do. These cave systems are huge and beautiful. The guides were perfect - helpful, friendly, informative, but not over the top or in your face. The ones we met all grew up in local towns and had been working as guides here for many years.
We stayed 3nights and did two tours - it was a nice intro to Belize before heading out to a caye for the rest of our time. I think that this was the perfect amount of time for travelers who are used to being more independent. If you don't mind being in a more structured place like this and like having the resort plan everything for you, then you'll probably be happy staying longer as they had a huge variety of tour options.
We stayed in a jungle cabana which was great- if you can afford a treehouse do it. They looked amazing. Only complaint was that the hot tub never worked and it would have been nice on one of the cooler days after a wet caving trip.
Last thing- just do the package. If you are there, you are there for the tours and the packages give you the best deal. You are not going to be skipping any meals after being out all day and you'll definitely want that beer when you get back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan