My husband and I spent 4 nights in a jungle bungalow. It was the rainy season, and boy did it rain. It didn't put a damper on our good time though. We did 3 excursions; cave tubing, the waterfall cave hike, and kayaking the Sibun River. They have a perfect system of getting you signed up for the next days tours at dinner, the length of the tours are most of the day, but get you back in time to get cleaned up and take a short rest before dinner in the evening. I can only say wonderful things about all of the people there. From Eugene who checked us in, to Kareem at the bar to all of the wonderful guides (Pablo, Alex, Chico, Rose, Harrison, Darrel, etc.) Everyone was very nice, full of knowledge about the local flora and fauna and made us feel really comfortable and safe. We met nice people from all over at meals and on our excursions. Our only complaint was that we were wet from day one. Because it was the rainy season, it was very humid. Humid to the point that everything in our room was damp including our clean clothes, sheets, etc. We were told by some of the other visitors that the tree house rooms didn't feel wet this way. Being down on the ground made it the worst for us, I guess. We also weren't able to dry any of our clothes on our line or our shoes. Be prepared with plenty of clothes and shoes. All of the excursions you will sweat, get wet, and muddy. It is a blast! Not for the weak. The property is exquisite. The botanical garden that they have created around the lodge is absolutely beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan