The descriptions and pictures you will find on the internet do not do enough justice for what you are in store for! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 days/5 nights and signed up for 4 tours. We signed up for scuba, waterfall climbing, tube float/zip line combo, and the black hole (of death) drop. They were all great, even though I have an incredible fear of heights (and could be seen crying at times, lol) The tour guides are GREAT and very supportive!!
We stayed in one of the canopy treehouses. 136 stairs each way. YIKES. But that's ok, keeps the booty firm. :) There are some small bugs that make their way into your room, not a big deal at all (and I'm not a bug-fan). The room is BEAUTIFUL and the bed is awesome. The outdoor shower was incredible. I loved every part of that canopy treehouse. Having coffee delivered to us each morning was FABULOUS....my one and only "complaint" was that the coffee was not delivered to us the day we checked out, even though check out isnt until 11am. Kind of a disappointing way to leave such an ideal vacation but it really was such a small thing, that it's not a deal breaker. We used their laundry service while there after a mud-filled day and we were very grateful that they offered this service and at a very reasonable price!
Meals here are good. They dont claim to be a resort establishment with fancy food but what they do offer for meals is more than sufficient for a picky eater. Dont let this be a concern for you, it's good and the choices are there. You sit with the other guests and it really is a great time. We met some fun people!
BRING BUG SPRAY. BRING BUG SPRAY. BRING BUG SPRAY. Ladies, hair dryer not needed (dont bother with it) and make up not needed.
We went during the first part of October which is "rainy" season. And yes, it did rain, and it rained a lot. Even with the rain, it was still a great experience, the rain is warm and most activities still went on. It was not a big deal at all.
Side note - we didn't see any monkeys but on a couple of nights, we could hear them off in the distance. I wouldn't have been scared or have even realized that what I was hearing was monkeys - they were that far away.
After checking out of Caves Branch, we headed to the beach for a few days of down time.
Thank you to the entire staff for making our trip so great!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan