Caves Branch was one an unforgettable experience!
My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Belize for 10 days - 4 of which were spent at Caves Branch. The rest was spent in Ambergris Caye, which I highly recommend as well! Having a jungle and beach experience really made us feel like we got to see a ton of Belize. Caves Branch is wonderful, and their tours are so professional and well done. We highly recommend the waterfall cave tour, and a day trip to Tikal! We both felt that they were once in a lifetime experiences. The food was simple, freshly made and delicious (also much healthier than the Cayes). We asked for juice and coffee to be brought to our room every morning, which was lovely because we often woke up pretty early before breakfast was served. The room was open air, but completely netted in. We stayed in room 16, which turned out to be the shortest walk, with a beautiful view. The jungle is incredible, and we were totally mesmerized by its beauty. Our experience was certainly an adventure, but also incredibly romantic. During the days you are roughing it, but your nights are serene and private.
We were in the jungle for 4 days, and I highly recommend you bring at least two large cans of bug spray - 40 Deet and up. It was a lifesaver, and you're definitely going to need it more than once throughout the day. Also, if you want to do the cave tours, I recommend some sturdy hiking boots. You'll be happy you splurged. We said more than once that we were glad we had them. Also, you're going to need a flash light to get back to your room after dinner.
We had messages in our room a couple times, and loved the wonderful staff. Everyone at Caves Branch are friendly, and very punctual. Remember to bring tip money for your tour guides. They are trained professionals, and deserve the tip! Its better to have Belize dollars instead of American, so exchange some cash at the airport.
We loved everyone and everything at Caves Branch. Thank you for making our honeymoon an unforgettable and incredible experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush rainforest of central Belize, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge offers visitors the opportunity to immerse in a culture of mid-range to extreme adventures. From the guest rooms that are open to the sights and sounds of the jungle, some of which are thatched in the ancient style of the Maya to our luxurious Treehouse suites, your experience should be something that must be experienced to be believed and once experienced, truly-never forgotten! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ian Anderson`s Caves Branch Jungle Hotel Belmopan
- Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge Belize/Belmopan