“Amazing Trip to Belize”
Review of Belize Jungle Dome

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
Belize Jungle Dome
Ranked #2 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
“Amazing Trip to Belize”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited the Belize Jungle Dome in March 2013. It was an amazing trip made memorable by all of the folks we met along the way, the beautiful scenery and the rich culture. Planning our trip was a breeze right from the start. We are a family of 4 with two young children (6 and 9) and Andy was a huge help in giving us ideas and activities that the four of us would be able to do together. Upon arriving in Belize, we met David at the airport and made our way to the Jungle Dome where we were greeted and shown to our suite by Simone. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Perfect. We spent 5 days at the Jungle Dome- each day filled with activities (Cave tubing, zip lining, Belize Zoo, Xunantunich ruins and horseback riding were a few). All were perfectly planned. Meals were wonderful. And one of the best parts of the experience was having dinner with all of the guests at the end of the night. After our 5 nights at the Jungle Dome, Andy arranged for us to spend 3 nights at Belizean Shores. Once there, we experienced the same level of care. Our activities were all arranged and all we had to do was show up :)

All-in-all, this was one of our favorite vacations... EVER! We will definitely return to Belize and the Jungle Dome in a few years, once our kids are a bit older and able to do some of the other activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just spent four days at the Jungle Dome. The owners, Andy and Simone Hunt, have created a wonderful place with an amazingly attentive staff. Everyone was determined to make sure all our needs (and lots of stuff we didn't even know we needed, but really appreciated) were met. Side trips were seamlessly arranged. We ate breakfast and dinner there and food was great. I need a no salt diet and the cooks went to great lengths to be sure I got it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor room and were glad we did. Spacious, great view, private veranda.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RMMorse
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Took me a while to write this review (actually stayed here a year earlier) but thought it's a must!
If you want to have the perfect holiday, go to the Belize Jungle Dome. Everything is perfect there: the rooms are spacious, superclean and beautiful, the pool is huge and great, the staff is friendly, always present but never ever intrusive, food is excellent and local, the bar is wonderful. Although the rooms, the food and the pool leave nothing to wish for, it's definitely the warm-hearted staff that makes your day, especially David, who collects you from the airport and who became the perfect guide throughout my week in the jungle. I was a single traveller, and still they catered for my every wish: I never ate alone, never was lonely at the bar (although I was the only visitor during this week in the rainy season), the conversation was always pleasant and I felt always taken care of, I could, however, have my time-outs evry time I wished for.
I wouldn't recommend the tours that you can book at the associated tour operator, Green Dragon Adventure Travel, they are too expensive, and they put me on an expensive group tour to Tikal, without telling me that I was to join a group tour at the border. But that hasn't got anything to do with the Dome itself, so do go there and experience your perfect holiday between adventure and luxury!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great, I had one of the cheaper rooms which are on the pool level - great value...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Dan831984
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A friend and I just came back from a wonderful trip to the Jungle Dome. The lodge was so peaceful and relaxing, and we enjoyed exploring the lush areas surrounding the lodge. Our room was so spacious - a gorgeous bathroom, complimentary coffee and a small fridge, and a nice porch with adirondack chairs and a hammock. Everything was very clean, updated, and well taken care of.

All of our meals were absolutely delicious (the ladies who cook do an incredible job!), and we enjoyed eating with the other guests and getting to know the Hunt Family (the owners). Everyone that works at the Jungle Dome is incredibly friendly and personable - we feel like we made many new friends on our trip! All of our transportation and excursions (we went cave tubing and ziplining) were well-planned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Placerville, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

In the interest of full disclosure I became Facebook friends with Andy Hunt AFTER we spent a week at the Jungle Dome. We spent a week at The Dome and a week at the beach. I wish we would have spent another week at The Dome instead of going to the beach! We are going to try to make another trip back very soon and stay longer with the Hunt's.

We have 2 children and the opportunities for fun and engaging activities was absolutely endless. Caving at Chechem Ha, Tikal, Guatemala, zip lining, horseback riding during the day and at night, was absolutely amazing. Andy, Simone, Lucas and Aidan we so wonderful and hospitable. Family style breakfasts, lunches and dinners were so much fun, the pool was brilliant and the howler monkeys across the river were jaw dropping. You must visit the Jungle Dome - you will not regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank theseasonsbnb
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even though we have traveled and lived overseas extensively... our trip this past October is definitely one of our better memories we will cherish. Why you ask?

Because - it had everything we expected and so much more. First ... The Jungle Dome Staff is great! Andy & Simone Hunt, the owners, along with their staff are nice people who care about their home and that you relax and enjoy yourself. The food was delicious, and plentiful. Our room was VERY clean, spacious, and private. Housekeeping insured we had refreshed everything ... AND they did our laundry. Our driver/guide was kind, and highly knowledgeable, so much so, that we felt as though he was a friend who knew the area really well and wanted to insure that we had a great time.

Second, the Jungle Dome location feels as though you are in central Belize - in that it makes traveling around the area convenient in a way that made it seem like we were close to everything. Even though we are well past our early twenties, we did it all. Ruins, Caving, Tubing, Zip-lines, Hiking, Trekking, Diving. We got dirty, we braved the bumpy roads, we crawled back to our rooms exhausted each night, and we loved every minute of it.

I can't highlight what was best because soooo many adventures stand out: scuba diving with sharks; zip-lining the jungle canopy right past monkeys who were laughing at us; climbing the stairs of the ruins in Tikal, Guatamela.

But the best definitely was ... The ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) it is a 'must'. It wasn't even on our list of things to do. Simone had pointed it out to us. Thank You Again Simone for that!

The third reason I HIGHLY recommend Andy & Simone Hunt's Jungle Dome in Belmopan Belize is because they 'really' took great care of us. They insured that we had absolutely NO hassles ... and that was HUGE for me. Our drivers knew exactly where they were going (oh my goodness we would have gotten soooo lost on our own). Our guides were VERY knowledgeable and friendly in a way that made hanging out with them that much more enjoyable.

Mostly it was the way our trip was effortless once we got there. There were so many moving parts to this machine and they took care of ALL of it for us. Their attention to detail was impeccable. We just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Make your next trip to the Jungle Dome your next trip, and let them book everything for you ... you'll really be glad you did. :-)

Room Tip: It appeared to me that every location was going to be great. Our room by the pool was wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Belize is a small country with more things to do and see than you can possibly do in one trip but with Andy & Simone's help, you can certainly try! People come to Belize over and over because of the water, the caves, the ruins, the jungle and staying at the Jungle Dome is the best decision you could make. It's a magical place where you wake up to howler monkeys, toucans and excellent food. The rooms are fabulous and the pool is a godsend after a long day of sightseeing. What makes this THE place you want to stay is its central location to everything you'd like to experience but even more important is that Andy will put together the whole trip for you. We wanted the Jungle/Cave/Ruins and Scuba Diving package and he arranged everything from tickets to transportation to the hotel and flight over to the island. He was so easy to communicate with by email and answered so many questions for us before we arrived. He made suggestions of places we didn't even know about like the ATM cave which is truly a once in a lifetime experience in a wet cave that you will never forget. I tried this trip once before several years ago with an agency and had a completely different experience this time because of Andy.
Please take my advice and don't waste your time and energy (not to mention frustration) putting together a trip when he makes it so incredibly easy and the cost difference is minimal especially when you consider that you get a private driver.
Warning notes: Belize is a nightmare to drive in as the roads are very bad and the signage is worse. Everyone we talked to who rented a car said they had a rough time of it which makes letting someone else do the driving even more practical. BIG WARNING NOTE: Actually, the roads are horrible and I get motion sickness in cars. If you do too, make sure to bring some Motioneaze drops or Dramamine or whatever works for you. I stupidly forgot them one day and was sick as a dog. Thank goodness our cave guide knew the local flora and gave me some leaves to chew on that cleared it right up but I sure didn't forget again.
Belize City is not much but the shopping offers lots of local crafts and the Dollar is 2 to 1 so you can get great deals. We weren't able to take much home because we did our whole trip with carry on bags (gotta love the tropics and Jungle Dome's laundry service:). My biggest regret is leaving all that fabulous hot sauce behind because they have some of the best in the world!
Andy also booked our room at Belizean Shores on Ambergis Cay with a beautiful view of the water from our patio and the dive company on the dock just a quick walk away. Diving was gorgeous and we were able to pet and feed sharks - also something we'd never done before. Make Belize your next trip and Andy your trip planner and you will be so glad you did!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelGoddessLA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Blancaneaux Lodge
Blancaneaux Lodge
#2 of 3 in Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

Been to Belize Jungle Dome? Share your experiences!