Belize Jungle Dome
Dream Valley(Teakettle)
$119
$115
  • Pool
Calico Jack's Village(Seven Miles El Progresso)
$121
Orbitz.com
Hidden Valley Inn(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
$307
$217
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshorseback ridingother guestsguide davidsurf and turfpool sidezip liningextreme adventureplay soccerhowler monkeysempanadaswonderful hostssan pedroevery mealowners and staffthe riverour room was spaciousbeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

In the interest of full disclosure I became Facebook friends with Andy Hunt AFTER we spent a week at the Jungle Dome. We spent a week at The Dome and a week at the beach. I wish we would have spent another week at The Dome instead of going to the beach! We are going to try to make another trip back very soon and stay longer with the Hunt's.

We have 2 children and the opportunities for fun and engaging activities was absolutely endless. Caving at Chechem Ha, Tikal, Guatemala, zip lining, horseback riding during the day and at night, was absolutely amazing. Andy, Simone, Lucas and Aidan we so wonderful and hospitable. Family style breakfasts, lunches and dinners were so much fun, the pool was brilliant and the howler monkeys across the river were jaw dropping. You must visit the Jungle Dome - you will not regret it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank theseasonsbnb
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even though we have traveled and lived overseas extensively... our trip this past October is definitely one of our better memories we will cherish. Why you ask?

Because - it had everything we expected and so much more. First ... The Jungle Dome Staff is great! Andy & Simone Hunt, the owners, along with their staff are nice people who care about their home and that you relax and enjoy yourself. The food was delicious, and plentiful. Our room was VERY clean, spacious, and private. Housekeeping insured we had refreshed everything ... AND they did our laundry. Our driver/guide was kind, and highly knowledgeable, so much so, that we felt as though he was a friend who knew the area really well and wanted to insure that we had a great time.

Second, the Jungle Dome location feels as though you are in central Belize - in that it makes traveling around the area convenient in a way that made it seem like we were close to everything. Even though we are well past our early twenties, we did it all. Ruins, Caving, Tubing, Zip-lines, Hiking, Trekking, Diving. We got dirty, we braved the bumpy roads, we crawled back to our rooms exhausted each night, and we loved every minute of it.

I can't highlight what was best because soooo many adventures stand out: scuba diving with sharks; zip-lining the jungle canopy right past monkeys who were laughing at us; climbing the stairs of the ruins in Tikal, Guatamela.

But the best definitely was ... The ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) it is a 'must'. It wasn't even on our list of things to do. Simone had pointed it out to us. Thank You Again Simone for that!

The third reason I HIGHLY recommend Andy & Simone Hunt's Jungle Dome in Belmopan Belize is because they 'really' took great care of us. They insured that we had absolutely NO hassles ... and that was HUGE for me. Our drivers knew exactly where they were going (oh my goodness we would have gotten soooo lost on our own). Our guides were VERY knowledgeable and friendly in a way that made hanging out with them that much more enjoyable.

Mostly it was the way our trip was effortless once we got there. There were so many moving parts to this machine and they took care of ALL of it for us. Their attention to detail was impeccable. We just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Make your next trip to the Jungle Dome your next trip, and let them book everything for you ... you'll really be glad you did. :-)

Room Tip: It appeared to me that every location was going to be great. Our room by the pool was wonderful.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Belize is a small country with more things to do and see than you can possibly do in one trip but with Andy & Simone's help, you can certainly try! People come to Belize over and over because of the water, the caves, the ruins, the jungle and staying at the Jungle Dome is the best decision you could make. It's a magical place where you wake up to howler monkeys, toucans and excellent food. The rooms are fabulous and the pool is a godsend after a long day of sightseeing. What makes this THE place you want to stay is its central location to everything you'd like to experience but even more important is that Andy will put together the whole trip for you. We wanted the Jungle/Cave/Ruins and Scuba Diving package and he arranged everything from tickets to transportation to the hotel and flight over to the island. He was so easy to communicate with by email and answered so many questions for us before we arrived. He made suggestions of places we didn't even know about like the ATM cave which is truly a once in a lifetime experience in a wet cave that you will never forget. I tried this trip once before several years ago with an agency and had a completely different experience this time because of Andy.
Please take my advice and don't waste your time and energy (not to mention frustration) putting together a trip when he makes it so incredibly easy and the cost difference is minimal especially when you consider that you get a private driver.
Warning notes: Belize is a nightmare to drive in as the roads are very bad and the signage is worse. Everyone we talked to who rented a car said they had a rough time of it which makes letting someone else do the driving even more practical. BIG WARNING NOTE: Actually, the roads are horrible and I get motion sickness in cars. If you do too, make sure to bring some Motioneaze drops or Dramamine or whatever works for you. I stupidly forgot them one day and was sick as a dog. Thank goodness our cave guide knew the local flora and gave me some leaves to chew on that cleared it right up but I sure didn't forget again.
Belize City is not much but the shopping offers lots of local crafts and the Dollar is 2 to 1 so you can get great deals. We weren't able to take much home because we did our whole trip with carry on bags (gotta love the tropics and Jungle Dome's laundry service:). My biggest regret is leaving all that fabulous hot sauce behind because they have some of the best in the world!
Andy also booked our room at Belizean Shores on Ambergis Cay with a beautiful view of the water from our patio and the dive company on the dock just a quick walk away. Diving was gorgeous and we were able to pet and feed sharks - also something we'd never done before. Make Belize your next trip and Andy your trip planner and you will be so glad you did!

2  Thank TravelGoddessLA
Reviewed December 13, 2012

First off, I've never written an online review...ever. But...We can't stop raving about our most recent trip out to the Jungle Dome. Being seasoned pond hoppers it was more than we were hoping for and better than anything that we could have ever expected. We had booked the entire trip online through email with Andy and not only was he easy to work with he had outlined our entire itinerary before we even arrived complete with a list of needed accessories and recommended clothing for our anticipated jungle adventures. From the moment we arrived in Belize City to the moment we left San Pedro everything was taken care of so the only thing that we had to worry about were the actual adventures and excursions they had so meticulously sorted out for us. Their driver Mynor picked us up right on time with a smile and was so engaging on our drive to Belmopan that we completely forgot we had an 8 hour layover in Houston. He definitely set the tone for our trip and definitely went above and beyond (in our opinions) what anyone would ever have to do in his shoes. He gave us some insider tips on a local bakery and ice cream place which we still crave, took time out of his day to show us some local markets and shops outside of our excursions and even got us involved in a couple games of soccer with the locals and famous Andy Hunt...we lost. Once at the dome, absolutely everyone was warm, welcoming and genuine which we find to be all too rare anywhere we go. It didn't feel like we were guests staying there and they were counting the minutes til we left, we actually felt like part of the family and that they were letting us in on their little secret in their neck of the woods. David was fantastic to talk with and his knowledge of the property and the surrounding area was fantastic and we learned a lot just from speaking with him. Simone was so nice and had some great and interesting stories for us and we loved sitting down with her and having dinner which was a terrific way to end our days. Aidan and Lucas (hope those are correct spellings) were such cool guys and I definitely envy them for being able to enjoy their beautiful piece of the world at such a young age. Lucas did kick my butt in some badminton which I will owe him a rematch. The food at the Jungle Dome was fantastic. Not only did they work with our schedules dependent on when we were leaving or coming back but arguably some of the best meals we had the entire time in Belize. Granted, I did have some pupusas and lobster in San Pedro that won my heart but the ladies there easily get a close 2nd if not tie for first. Lastly, they were overly flexible with our schedules and even changed our itinerary around dependent on our energy levels. Not only did they absorb the cost difference on a trip to Tik'al in Guatemala instead of Caracol because of the roads being bad but they refunded our exit fees from Belize also. To me, that is above and beyond anything I've ever encountered anywhere and further proves we picked the right place. Before I forget, he never charged us for our beers while we were there either, yet another plus to the A+++ experience they had given us already. The drive to Belize City for our flight to San Pedro was slightly bittersweet but after the 9 days of nonstop excitement and awe-inspiring adventures we needed to unwind and even after we had left the Jungle Dome we were taken care of beyond compare because we were referred to the resort through them. It almost felt like we had never left the Jungle Dome because the guys at the dive shop Tuff E Nuff spoke about Andy with such respect and admiration almost as if he were their boss too so it trickled down to us. I can't stop saying such wonderful things about our trip and our overall experience and I feel like I've left out so much so if I've forgotten anyone, I'm truly sorry but we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Il Y
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Words are not enough to express this amazing place. I was a little leery planning our whole honeymoon over the internet, but it was the best choice we could have possibly made and everything does work out perfectly without ever having to speak with a person live to make the arrangements.

To start, after landing in Belize City, the only worry we had was that someone wouldn't be there to meet us. No need to worry. Minor, our driver, was there as planned. He was very friendly, as was everyone else at the Dome.

We came during rainy season, but you would never have guessed. We were blessed with sun for 5 of 6 days here, and the one rainy day didn't slow us down.

The rooms are very nice and comfortable, but you really don't spend a lot of time in them. We spent most of our down time on our deck overlooking the pool, or walking the beautiful grounds.

The Dome sits on a beautiful property that is impeccably maintained. We saw Toucans, Parrots, iguanas, geckos, and were able to listen to the howler monkeys in the early morning.

The food...AMAZING!!! We looked forward each night to what would be placed before us. You don't get a selection, but each night this amazing meal would be set in front of you...always with fresh juice. While here, you need to try all of them, but make sure you have at least one day when Watermelon juice is served. That was fantastic!!! We took a picture of every meal, and upon returning from each day tour, we would be excited for dinner.

You eat family style, with other guests and many days the owners Andy and Simone, plus their kids. It was fun and always exciting to hear about the others' tours and share your own. Andy and Simone are fun, welcoming, and I feel honored to have been able to get to know them and the rest of the staff. They will do anything for you. Make sure to ask David to get you some coconuts and make a panty ripper. Be careful, one panty ripper is more than enough!

The day trips are incredible as well. We took a riverboat tour the first day and were lucky to see 2 crocodiles, lots of howler monkeys and iguanas, as well as many types of birds. It was a nice relaxing day after the wedding and travel day. Upon return we lounged by the pool and cooled off. We also chose to do Cave Tubing and Zip Lining. Perfect. The jungle walk is beautiful and the caves are majestic. We had asked Simone, if there was 1 trip you had to do while in Belize, what would it be? She said the ATM. So, we added this trip and were not disappointed. 5 hours (3 of which were spent in the cave to view ancient Mayan artifacts). It was a physically exhausting tour, especially if you aren't usually a physical person, but the guide is amazing and I believe he could help anyone through. It was a very spiritual experience and I am glad to have experienced it with my husband. If you travel to Belize, do this tour!!! Words cannot do justice to the experience. You need to see it and feel it for yourself. We took 1 down day to relax by the pool and had lunch at a local restaurant the next day. Our last day was the 1 rainy day we had, but we still did the Jungle horseback ride.

The service here is 5 star. Everyone from the cooks, to the drivers and grounds staff (David, Minor) and the owners is top notch. I have never been treated so well as I was here, and I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels with so called 5 star service.

We are sad to be flying out today, but are already making plans to come back with our children and other friends.

Room Tip: The Upper Pool Side Suite is great! Private, and overlooking the grounds. However, we viewed all rooms, and any one would be a good choice.
4  Thank gopack83