“If you only read one review read this one.”

Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Adventure Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nestled in a lush 50 thousand acre estate, Caves Branch Jungle Lodge is an escape from the hustle and bustle of the world. From the moment you step foot at the Lodge, you are immersed in the tranquility of this calm oasis. Take in your surroundings which are not sanitized from the jungle and become one with nature. You can only believe your experience once you step into our world of adventure but once you do, it will never be forgotten.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If you only read one review read this one.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Belize is an incredible country. Go. It will change your life and you may not want to come back--not as in extend your vacation--but as in "can I feasibly make a living here and survive."

First and foremost. The staff is incredible. By the end of my trip I actually felt like they were my friends. The regular bartender, Anthony is one of the best bartenders I have ever encountered. He is friendly and understanding. I actually thought he was the manager of the resort because I would see him up working at 6:30-7 AM while we were leaving the resort for the day and when we returned at 9:30 he was serving drinks. One thing Anthony understood more than the front desk staff was that everyone has their own needs. He understood we didn't go to Belize to feel like tourist. When Anthony spoke with us I felt like I was in Belize. Just another guy on vacation. Renne thought he was being welcoming and treating us like valued customers, but really he was condescending and made us feel like we were at summer camp.

Weather: Rainy season is fine. It will rain for 10-20 min then be sunny again. Also, it is kind of romantic when it rains at night.

Groupon: If your using a Groupon or not doing all inclusive, rent a car. Or rent a car anyway. Dinners at the resort are expensive and not very good. You can drive down the road and get way better food for 4$ than the 26$ they charge.(per person) Also having the ability to drive to the ruins yourself is great. We met a local guide who gave us a noticeably better tour than the what we heard from other tour guides at the sites. We paid him 10$ USD. We enjoyed him so much we hired him to take us across the boarder to Guatemala to visit Tikal. Go to Xunantunich and ask for Eddy at the ferry and they will find him. I will also leave a review with his number on the ruin page itself. If you go to Santa Elena or San Ignacio there is a restaurant called Corner De Colonel. It is the best and the staff is incredible. We stop here for directions and ended up staying for hours.

Local bar: If you want to get away from the resort La Cabana's is a local spot that is safe and tourist friendly. You will likely not blend in, but everyone is nice.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Michael K

Ohio
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Xunantunich Ruins and Waterfall Adventure”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sleeping Giant Lodge and booked our tours thru them. We booked both the ruins and waterfall tours with Caves Branch. They came and picked us up and we went to Caves Branch
Which is right down the road to sign the waivers for the tours and also met some people staying at that resort to go on the tours with us as well.
For the ruins tour, Carlos was our guide. He was so nice and informative. We learned so much from him and it was fun spending the day with him and listening to his experiences. The ruins are worth checking out. It was very cool and very interesting learning about it. We also went to the ruins which means "Place of Ticks" as well. There were archeologists Working on site. This ruins site is still being studied. We were the only people touring the site where Xunantunich was much busier. These sites are a must see!
My husband and I also did the Waterfall Adventure. You have to wear long pants for this one. We took the "Jungle Limo" which is an old bus. No need to take a change of clothes on this one although you will be riding back wet and muddy. Abel, Rosa, and Marvin were our guides. They were all so wonderful and very experienced. We felt
Very safe and comfortable. They drove us out to a farm where we then got off the bus and got backpacks with helmets and other gear. We then hiked to the waterfall. It was def challenging at times to walk thru the caves. Once we
Got to the waterfalls we climbed them all. We had ropes
hooked up to us on the first one since it was the biggest. It was challenging to get up some of them but doable and the guides were
Very helpful. No one in our group had any trouble. Once you climb all the waterfalls you can jump off. Or on the biggest one you can be hooked up to the ropes and walk down it backwards. On our return
Back the guides set up a lunch for us. A white tablecloth over a rock with fresh warm tortillas with meat, cheese, tomatoes, eggs, carrots, and other toppings to make a sandwich. Surprisingly this was one of our favorite meals while we were here. You just can't beat having lunch in a cave! The food was so fresh and good!
I would definitely recommend booking tours with Caves Branch. The guides were so helpful and informative and we always felt safe with them.

3 Thank wohdonkey
Philadelphia, PA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Awesome Guides and Amazing Adventures”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I would go back here in a heart beat. The guides were so knowledgeable about the area and really made the adventures fun. They have such a great attitude. I have to commend travel guides with such a positive attitude when they deal with tourists all day long. The adventures themselves were amazing. We did the black hole drop and cave tubing. The hike up to the "drop" was beautiful and the drop itself was so serene and majestic. The cave tubing was much more adventurous than I had thought. I thought it was going to be a lazy day and for the most part was, but if you are even the least bit claustrophobic you may not enjoy yourself. I'm not claustrophobic and I was a little uneasy, but the guides made it fun. These were some of the best adventures I have ever been on.

Visited November 2013
The Berkshires, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Waterfall cave adventure”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Not for the faint of heart. This was an amazing adventure. I would not recommend to people who are claustrophobic as you will be hiking through underground caves for a couple of hours. On the way you will climb up through multiple underground waterfalls which are amazing. Lunch is served in the caves on the way back. Our guides Marvin and Alex were great and so patient with the folks who decided to share that they could not swim after we had gone too far to turn back. Recommendations: wear dry fit trousers and a quick dry long sleeve shirt. You will get wet as you have a little paddling to do at times. Wear socks but rent sneakers at Caves Branch (where you depart from) for $5 as they will be soaked through. This way you get to out nice dry shoes on upon your return.

Visited June 2014
Big Lake, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Your place for adventure!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If in the area this is a must for caving adventure! From on foot basic to advanced cave tours (we did not partake) to the cave tubing (we did this) and zip lining, they have something for most. We recommend the cave tubing as it is both relaxing, scenic and mixed with a little adventure through some rapids. The provided a nice shore picnic lunch a little more than half way through the 7 mile journey. Perhaps the most adventurous part was the tractor pulling us on a trailer to get there through the citrus orchards and through the rivers! Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014