We stayed here on 20 dec 2012 for 4 nights. The Lodge consisted of a number of traditional thatched rooms all with ensuite, built in a semi circle around an old mayan ruin. There was a central building with a bar, relaxation area inc hammocks and below was the communal dining room and outside seating. Sugar bird feeders hung around the building attracting humming birds etc. We stayed in one of two rooms reached along a raised walkway which I would recommend as they were quieter and we felt hidden in the rainforest. The hosts Cat and Dave were very welcoming and full of ideas and information about the country and the sites. They, together with the local guides, helped create a very friendly atmosphere encouraging the guests to share their day's travel experiences. Dinner and lunch were served communally and consisted of healthy home cooked fare with a good selection of vegetables. On the site night and day walks were arranged to see the flora and fauna and there was the opportunity to go tubing down the river or simply just wander around the grounds. The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was good with a reasonable shower - hot water was only available late afternoon and evening. The only disappointment was the cold nights. The room was so cold even with the extra blanket, that we went to bed fully clothed! We enjoyed the lack of wifi, no tv and the chance to play cards and enjoy family time. Would definitely recommend the lodge to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pook’s Hill is a small eco-lodge situated within the primary rainforest of Western Belize. It borders a 7000 acre reserve and the Roaring River, and is only 4 miles from the ATM cave. Eleven thatch cabanas surround an ancient Maya site and look out over the jungle canopy. Each has a private bathroom with hot water and 24 hour electricity. Pook’s Tours offers a full range of day tours to attractions in Western Belize as well as transportation services to or from any destination in Belize and Tikal in Guatemala (it is a two hour drive from Belize City). Pook’s Hill provides visitors with truly unique jungle experiences in a breathtaking natural setting and is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the treasures of Western Belize. All management and operations at Pook’s Hill are carried out according to sustainable business practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pook's Hill Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pook`s Hill Hotel Belmopan
- Pooks Hill Hotel
- Pooks Hill Cayo
- Pook's Hill Lodge Belize/Belmopan