My 7-year-old daughter and I visited Banana Bank in February. The weather is perfect that time of year, not too hot and not too cold. Every morning before breakfast we made the rounds around the property to say good morning to all the animals. Our first stop was Tika the jaguar. She is so beautiful and it is amazing to she her up close, though she did look like she wanted to eat us for breakfast. LOL Our favorite pet there was the pig, Juanita. She would follow us around all day. One morning we were the first to see a newborn foal (horse). It was amazing. The people at Banana Bank are wonderful. They made us feel right at home and part of their family. They will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. They seem to truly love working there. We did quite a lot of horseback riding and Sherman was our cowboy. He took good care of my daughter and I and listened to all our special requests. We enjoyed herding the horses in and out for the day, something we don't get to do at home. We also took a ride through the capital city of Belmopan and to Roaring Creek where we swam with the horses. It felt great sitting on the horse as it was swimming in the river. Also a unique experience. Another highlight of our stay, a friend of John and Carolyn named Sonny took us to the Ruins. This was not something I had planned to do, but I'm so glad he suggested it because it was an amazing experience, to climb to the top of the ruins. Banana Banks has a beautiful pool that my daughter and I did enjoy. And those howler monkeys howling at night sounds like something right out of Jurasic Park. Belize is truly a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a beautiful rain-forest setting along-side the peaceful Belize River sits a jungle paradise. A place where horses roam, parrots, toucans, and macaws greet you with a tropical "Hello". You willbe in awe at the beauty and grace of our jaguar Tikatoo and other animals will delight your stay. Here you'll find adventure, great food, congenial hosts, exotic artwork and memories to last a lifetime. American and local cuisine dining, designer 65,000 gallon pool, 16" computerized telescope, Cafe Carolina, John Carr's Historical Collection, Carolyn Carr Art Gallery, birding experts, tour guides, cowboys and our helpful, friendly staff all ensure your stay at Banana Bank will be an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Banana Bank Lodge & Jungle Horseback Adventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bank Lodge & Horseback Adventure Hotel Belmopan
- Banana Bank Lodge And Horseback Adventure
- Banana Bank Lodge & Jungle Horseback Adventure Belize/Belmopan