First let me say that the staff were wonderful. The owners are very friendly and I loved their pet boar, Juanita. The rooms were quite outdated and could use a bit of maintenance - you can tell this place was absolutely amazing when it was built in the 80's but hasn't changed much since. For that reason I felt it was a bit expensive. Our bathroom had a curtain instead of a door, which I wasn't crazy about, but it was clean at least. My entire group agreed that with a little paint, maybe some new corrugated plastic for the shower roof, perhaps new bedding, Banana Bank could be incredible once more. The horseback ride we went on was fun and our guides were very knowledgable. The food is family style and was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a beautiful rain-forest setting along-side the peaceful Belize River sits a jungle paradise. A place where horses roam, parrots, toucans, and macaws greet you with a tropical "Hello". You willbe in awe at the beauty and grace of our jaguar Tikatoo and other animals will delight your stay. Here you'll find adventure, great food, congenial hosts, exotic artwork and memories to last a lifetime. American and local cuisine dining, designer 65,000 gallon pool, 16" computerized telescope, Cafe Carolina, John Carr's Historical Collection, Carolyn Carr Art Gallery, birding experts, tour guides, cowboys and our helpful, friendly staff all ensure your stay at Banana Bank will be an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Banana Bank Lodge & Jungle Horseback Adventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bank Lodge & Horseback Adventure Hotel Belmopan
- Banana Bank Lodge And Horseback Adventure
- Banana Bank Lodge & Jungle Horseback Adventure Belize/Belmopan