Sleeping Giant Lodge
  • Restaurant
Juntos Cottages(Teakettle)
Dream Valley(Teakettle)
  • Pool
Hidden Valley Inn(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
View Hotel
Calico Jack's Village(Seven Miles El Progresso)
  • Pool
Blancaneaux Lodge(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
View Hotel
All reviewsspanish casitamountain view suiteoutdoor bathtubthe riverplunge poolpaddle boardscave tubingour honeymoonfresh flowershousekeeping staffsister resortmayan ruinsjaguar reefadventure packageorange grovestowel animalshot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A girlfriend trip for 2 turned into a group of 6 when we met 4 other lady travelers. Great fun tubing, hiking, zip-lining (although some of us were scared!). Food was amazing. The staff is fabulous. Our huge casita room was always spotless and adorned with petals and adorable "towel animals". Wish we could have stayed longer than 3 1/2 days, but we planned the trip to spend half of our time at the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank rj3r
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My family and I spent christmas eve at the sleeping giant. The cabana that we stayed in was fantastic, there is a natural stream running under the covered verandah, it was a fantastic experience to sleep listening to the stream..very peaceful. The bathroom has an exterior jacuzzi, wow very nice :) They also have a complementary coffee station, and what I liked the most is that they have a 5 gallon water dispenser! You don't have to worry about running out of water, not like in many hotels around the world that you have to pay so much for a bottle of water. Great idea!! The staff was very friendly , the food was very good but they didn't have any special menu for Christmas. Don't forget to look for the sleeping giant when having breakfast or drinks from the terrace.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Driving from Belize City making our way to the Sleeping Giant was the start of our Belizean adventure. Upon arrival, we couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL the setting was. Nestled in the rain forest with manicured gardens everywhere!! And there in the parking lot was Bryan welcoming us in. A perfect start to our 5 night stay. Our room was awesome and every day we were surprised with fresh flowers and towel art from the housekeeping staff. The new pool area was breathtaking day and night. The bar and dining room were outstanding with unBelizeable views. Tanya, Berta, Richard, Bryan and Juan the chef served us well and we felt like we had made new friends. The food was delicious, perhaps a bit pricey for the menu offered as we did not do the all-inclusive. Renting a car allowed us to do our own touring in that area and this added to our adventure. Thanks to Orlin, we hiked up the mountain to the gazebo for the most beautiful view of the valley filled with thousand of orange trees. Thanks one and all for the most amazing start to our Belizean adventure. Keep up the good work!!! You're a "jewel in the jungle" and we are so happy we decided to try the rain forest experience.

Room Tip: Room A/C was nice as the weather was extremely warm in March. This is a "rain forest" experience, not an "ocean experience."
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LRPeterson
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay a week here and it was absolutely phenomenal. I am already planning my next trip back. The lodge is situated in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, the views are amazing. The food was fabulous and the casita I stayed in was gorgeous. What really made this experience perfect for me though was the staff. Housekeeping went the extra mile every morning by leaving little surprises for us on our beds of towels shaped into different animals. Berta, Tonya, and Big Baby were there with a smiles on their faces everyday to serve us breakfast or make us wonderful drinks. The guides were knowledgeable and very capable. I felt safe and at ease even in the middle of the rain forest thanks to Niko. I cant say enough about the drivers either. Enrique was hilarious and so enjoyable to be around. Orlin and Auner were so friendly and warm (and good drivers!). I really feel like I made new friends. Then there was the food. Hands down, the best I've had in a very long time-anywhere. Everything we ate was fabulous. Kudos to the chef. There is nothing I would have changed about this trip and I will be back to stay at Sleeping Giant. Everyone there made my experience in Belize a once in a lifetime perfect memory.

Room Tip: casita 3 is fabulous for a family of 6
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I just got back from a week long stay here. I am now counting down the days until next year when I can go back! There are endless opportunities presented to you for activities to do during the day(my personal favorite being the Mayan Ceremonial Cave) including the opportunity to go snorkeling! The grounds are beautifully maintained and the scenery is wonderful. I can't praise the staff enough. Big Baby Richard the bartender was witty and a blast to be around, Berta was there with breakfast every morning with a smile on her face, Tonya and Bryan were jacks of all trades willing to assist with anything, and Giovanni the manager was able to set us up with some activities of a lifetime! And that is only the staff I personally interacted with, but there are so many other good people that made the whole trip incredible. Like I said, the facility was well kept, the maids took care of the rooms and even left the towels arranged in fun shapes and figures, and the food. Holy cow the food. After eating that food for the past week, I don't know how I am going to adjust back to greasy salty American grub. Every meal I had was mouthwatering, and for a favorite I would say it would have to be the seafood lasagna. But there was a pork dish I had on monday for lunch that I can't really put my finger on what the ingredients were, but no matter what it was or could have been, it was phenomenal. I stayed in one of the garden rooms. I never went into the casitas or the cottages, so I can't compare. The room was on the smaller side, but in a good way I think. We did have it set up with a bunk bed and a regular bed, so that skews the perception, but it had a/c, a picturesque bathroom and views! I have quite literally no complaints! Like I said, I will be back, mark my words!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business