“A beautiful guest house run by a wonderful couple!”
Review of Villa San Juan

Villa San Juan
Ranked #7 of 17 Belmopan B&B and Inns
West Midlands UK
“A beautiful guest house run by a wonderful couple!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My two colleagues and I stayed in Villa San Juan last week while working on a project in Belmopan, Belize. From the minute I entered the place, I knew I would enjoy my stay. Firstly, the accommodation is very very nice. My colleague and I stayed downstairs and booked two rooms which meant we pretty much had our own kitchen and lounge area overlooking the pool (which is splendid). Third colleague stayed in the room at the other side of the pool.

Omar and Ellen, the lovely couple who run Villa San Juan are just the sweetest. From the first warm welcome over to setting our devices up for wifi, everything was smooth and you really feel like you are staying with loving grandparents. They are genuinely interested in you and make you feel at home. For example, we were talking about strawberries in England and my Indian cooking of Okra and the next morning, Ellen had prepared both for breakfast. Talking of breakfast, it is fantastic! It it served upstairs (where there are more guest rooms) and is always a delicious mix of eggs, vegetables served how you want it! The kitchen downstairs has a full fridge and freezer where you can store your takeaway or beers but also has water, soft drinks and beer to consume at cost price. This is always handy.

I couldn't recommend Villa San Juan more and I thank Ellen and Omar for a wonderful stay. The only thing that would have made my room perfect would be a full length mirror and a slightly bigger TV but these are just very small details (I stayed in the front room overlooking the driveway). Thank you Ellen and Omar, I am sure we will be back on our next visit to Belmopan.

Room Tip: On the basis of the downstairs room, I think the second room is the nicest which has a view of the p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveller016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed it! The owners are warm and friendly; the accommodations perfect. The home-made breakfast was amazing and I enjoyed the fact Omar and Ellen sat with us to chat. My next trip to Belize will include a stop here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was one of the best part of our trip to belize, Omar N his lovely wife made us feel welcome. The rooms were clean, the pool was amazing the breakfast was delicious, N the courtesy extended by the couple was priceless. Anthony Hill

• Stayed July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Villa San Juan was a wonderful place to stay while in Belize. The owners were amazing - their accommodations were incredible. Everything we needed was there and it was like staying at our own vacation home. Privacy galore even though it can hold 8 couples total. The pool was great. Breakfast was especially tasty with Omar and Ellen preparing it for us. Local fresh fruit, eggs and various meats, homemade juices, etc. We felt we were treated like royalty. What a special place to stay - you will feel welcome the minute you walk in the door. Highly recommended. Close to some of the desired destinations. A desert oasis.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great - we had five couples with us and all were pleased. What a great experi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Our party of 10 vacationers needed a place to stay for one night in Belmopan to be close to cave tubing the next day; although we had checked San Juan Villa in advance what we experienced was phenomomal. Don't be fooled by the roads leading to the place. We received a warm welcome from Omar and Ellen who checked us in and got us situated in our rooms. The atmosphere, and accomodations was first class. The facilities is modern, spacious, clean and exceptional, our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer to enjoy a little longer. We were pleasantly surprised by the five star breakfast spread prepared and served by Omar and Ellen in the morning, there is no better value for the price.

Although check-out time was 12:00pm they were gracious to allow extended stay for for two people not feeling well to stay at no additional cost until we returned from our activities at the end of the day. Thanks again Omar and Ellen.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
gulf shores
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in April 2014. We stayed one night here in Belmopan. We drove to Belize City the next day and flew home. Villa San Juan is a great choice. The price is very resonable. The Villa is a large home that has been converted into a Bed and Breakfast. My wife and I had a large room with a comfy king size bed. There was lots of room to put our stuff. There was a very nice closet to hang our cloths. The air cinditioning was very cold and there was a ceiling fan over the bed. The bathroom was large and very functional. We slept like babies. We met the owners Omar and Ellen and they are indeed gracious. Had a nice chat with them. There is a large living room where you can relax. There is a large kitchen and dining room where you eat breakfast. Very comfortable indeed. The breakfast cooked by Ellen is wonderful. Much fresh fruit and fresh juice and many breakfast items are offered. It is nice to see the owners. They are proud of their place and it shows. The property is spotlessly clean. There is ample parking in the driveway for a car. If we come back to Belize it is a given we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nohassle1956
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Omar and Ellen are providing an excellent value for the money. Clean, nice rooms and bathrooms, and amazing home cooked breakfasts with varied delicious hot entrees, fresh fruit platters, coffee, and more. Although Belmopan is not marketed as a tourist destination, it is the closest location to cave tubing, the zoo, and ATM cave. We found this location to be convenient, and this b&b to be the best value and best food in Belize. Thank you, and we hope to return someday! Cassie and Andy

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple