“I had an exceptional experience with MGA”

Maya Guide Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Maya Guide Adventures is based on the Hummingbird Highway and offers more than the ordinary tours as well as incredible expeditions in the rivers and jungles of Belize! Our quest for adventure and the thrills of an incredible adrenaline rush is what drives us to offer the best of what Belize has to offer! We offer adventures such as: Cave Kayaking through 7 miles of underground cave system, Waterfall Repelling, Overnight Kayaking, Overnight Jungle and Cave Exploration treks, St Herman's Cave Exploration, Crystal Cave, Xunantunich and kayaking combo, Survival Expeditions and Leadership Courses. Cave Tubing is done on request!!
Schenectady, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I had an exceptional experience with MGA”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a very positive experience with Marcus and his staff at Yache Jungle camp at the beginning of March of this year.He picked me up where I was staying in Punta Gorda and we drove up the Hummingbird highway towards camp . I too agree with some of the posters remarks on how knowledgable and interesting he is to talk too.On our way there we stopped at beautiful area called Bocawina national park and did a zipline there,it was a spur of the moment decision on his part and a pleasant surprise on what I though was going to be primarily a travel day.When we got to camp he showed me to my cabana which was clean,cozy, and comfortable.There was a bug net hung over the high bedposts which I thought was nice.There is a main kitchen with a eating /socializing area.There where a couple bathrooms and showers nearby.In my mindset as far as "camping" it was very well equipt and he and his staff are working to improve his place.I was also given three nicely prepared meals a day which I wasn't expecting.I was also lucky in that I was the only guest at camp so I had a much more personal experience with Marcos and his staff.He is located near the Blue Hole National park and he and I did St. Hermans cave one day and Crystal cave the next which where both great experiences and Marcos in my humble opinion was one of the best guides I have ever had.He then drove me to the airport so I could catch my flight home.I thought for the price and the quality of my stay, I would definately book with him again.

Visited March 2013

Billings, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We found MGA after searching for guides that led cave kayaking trips. We booked our kayaking trip with Marcos and also did a trip to Xunantunich with him. The trips were both great and we were blown away by the depth of knowledge and passion that Marcos has for the area and the history.
On top of that, Marcos is a great adventure guide. I wish we had more time to do additional (and longer) trips into the jungle with him. I would definitely book with MGA again.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank kylep646
Madison, Wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Extraordinarily fun adventure with a bonus history lesson”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Marco was great! He is very experienced and knowledgeable, plus he is a joy to talk with. The kayaking thru the many caves around the blue hole national park was a great adventure and a great value. We spent the first 3+hours kayaking thru the caves with Marco and we had all the serene nature of the caves and forest to ourselves. In the last 20 minutes or so we did kayak past a group of other tourists who were on tubes, and I'm really thankful my friend and i found a Belizean guide who could show us 4 hours or so of the cave system and not just the last 5% of it.
The location was reminiscent of some adventures I had in New Zealand, and Marco reminded me of my friends who led an adventure education program in NZ: he is among the best adventure guides i have ever met anywhere! His son Francis was also great!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JustinConsults
Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really ruined my day”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

After a series of confirmation emails in which Marcos said he would meet us at the Belmopan bus terminal today, I am regretfully reporting he completely no-showed. We were left with no lodgings, food accommodations, and NO kayak trip tomorrow. I left several voicemails and he never called back, stranding my son and I at the bus terminal. After talking with several of the locals, I have found out that although Marcos is considered a skilled guide, he is so unreliable that many refuse to work with him or refer travelers to him. I really wish it had turned out differently- we've been looking forward to the kayak trip for months. What a horrible way to start our trip! I can't believe MGA has so many rave reviews- especially after what the residents said. Use caution when booking with them.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Amie Z
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My gfriend and I went cave kayaking with Francis. He was very informative and the scenery in the caves was amazing. I went cave tubing with a different company the day before, but cave kayaking was much more fun and adventurous. Francis was great!